My Peterson Collection in Hopes It Will Boost Irish's Spirit!

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012

I smoke one for you Irish in homage to your Grandad! When men were Iron and ships were made from wood!

matchstickman

Preferred Member
Jul 15, 2011
Those bottom two look very nice. I had my eye on a rusticated Pete here not too long ago, and I passed it up for a Nording instead. I may have to get one some day.

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nice collection of Petes. I have seven myself, three Arans (05, 268, B5), a Dalkey (106), Killarney (106), Pipe of the Year 2011 (rusticated), and Pipe of the Year 2012 (smooth). I'm actually enjoying some Vanilla Cream Flake in the Dalkey as I type this.

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012
Post your pics guys! Would love to see everyone elses collections. It appears after not buying a pipe for nearly 15 years I will be adding a Peterson silver band 80s to my collection. It's really hard to explain to the wife why a man who owns 35 pipes needs another one. Women will just never understand LOL

dochudson

Preferred Member
May 11, 2012
It appears after not buying a pipe for nearly 15 years
how many pair of shoes you figured she bought over those 25 years? 8O

gwtwdbss

Preferred Member
Jun 13, 2012
Here is my Pete collection. It is pretty small but I really enjoy them. From top to bottom we have:
1. Irish Made Army - 120

2. Irish Made Army - 6

3. System Premier - 302

rcstan

Preferred Member
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Here is my Peterson family, all its' 12 members :puffy:
Straight-ish pipes : Tankard, Belgique and Shamrock 268 Zulu

Bent Bulldogs : Rosslare 80s and Aran 999

Bent Apples and Billiard : Aran 03, Kapet 03, Donegal Rocky XL90

"Sherlocks" ( not really, just the Calabash shape ): Aran 05 and System Standard 305

More Systems : System Standard 317 and African Meerschaum System

gwtwdbss

Preferred Member
Jun 13, 2012
Nice Stan! I really like the ones in the top pic. I love straight-ish pipes.

rcstan

Preferred Member
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
madmurdoc nice job resurrecting that eBay Pete! FWIW the oldskool Irish Seconds and Shamrocks would be today's Shannons and Arans !
gwtwdbss I prefer bent or slightly bent pipes due to my smoking style / technique . Somehow I always seem to suck up juice through a larger bowled straight pipe on the second half of the bowl and have to use a pipe cleaner to sop it up ( except for my Paolo Becker )
Petes is what I smoke. In addition to the 12 pictured, I have a Preben Holm era Ben Wade freehand, a rusticated Paolo Becker, and a MM Legend bent cob.

foggymountain

Preferred Member
Aug 14, 2012
Another Peterson fan here. I have 18 of their briars and 8 meerschaums. I love the pipes but am critical of some of their tricks & shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.