PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Went with my father and Step mom to see Book Of Mormon last week. AWESOME play!!! One of the best I've ever seen. While leaving the play I received a call from the property manager saying that water was pouring into the loft downstairs. Upon coming home I was greeted by over 130g of salt water, literally ankle deep. Tivo, my cat, appeared to be as thrilled as I was, trapped on what was once a bed, now an island. I walked into my loft, now powerless, and I must've stood there a good five minutes, unsure if I should act or cry. Still unclear as to how it happened, but it took a professional crew of five around an hour and a half to remove the water. Currently I have three HUGE dehumidifiers that running 24/7 to dry the place out. I actually had this nightmare the previous night, an actual precursor to this event.... The first time I've been out of my loft in over a year and this happens. The damage and loss in my loft is extreme, not to mention the coral in my reef... as is the damage to poor guy who lives beneath me.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
What a nightmare! I am sorry you are having to deal with that mess. Here's wishing you a speedy return to normalcy.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Ugh Nate, that truly sucks. I feel for you man, hope it's as painless as can be recovery wise. :(

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
I am so sorry, Nate. The nightmare aspect in particular is insane. PM me if there is anything I can do to help.
j/B

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Wow, I'm sorry this is a huge blow brother. I hope everything works out for you. You've got a long road let me know if there is anything I'm just a few hours west.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Nate, that's awful. I've had that problem on a few occasions. Be careful of mold setting in.

jjm1

Might Stick Around
Sep 4, 2014
Interesting post to me as i have had tanks for years and have been in the flooring industry, at times dabbling with drying equipment. You know yet what the cause was yet? Doubtful a seal leak. My guess is a protein skimmer or wet dry got clogged up somehow, or power head detached and went crazy. This is common sense advise you might already know but just in case- when those dehu's fill up, make sure and empty them and start them back up. Also, it helps to have fans pointing towards them to keep moisture flowing there direction.

Jan 8, 2013
Dang, Nate. Sorry to hear about this. On the one night you decide to go out too. Blessings, man. I hope you're able to get it all take care of soon.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
That sucks big time. I can only hope you get through this hellish nightmare soon! Once the work is done it will be time to smoke some very fat bowls of your favorite baccy.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
iam88, When all is said and done get yourself a powerful ozonator and run it for a few hours. There will be quite a bit of mold growing in all the nooks and crannies. Mold you will never really see. The ozone will seep into every little crack and kill the mold spores. You can buy already manufactured ones for about $300.00 or get a little kit on Ebay (from China) for about $30.00. You just need to solder some wires and add an AC cord. I've bought several of the 7g/hour ones from China and they work just as good as my $500.00 ozonater that I bought 10 years ago.
Another plus to an ozonator is you can use it to sanitize pipes!

menuhin

Oct 21, 2014
That sounds awful. Hope the restoration go well, good luck n8!

Status
Not open for further replies.