PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Yesterday afternoon. Parked in the usual spot. 5 minutes after I got back home from work. I usually sit in the car and finish my bowl, but this time I didn't.
463633_314029642064006_1442489664_o.jpg

966394_314030185397285_372107060_o.jpg

977671_314029888730648_97285895_o.jpg

The black car plowed into the silver car which hit the green Passat that slid half a car's lenght into the Jeep in front ( 1 parking spot empty between the Jeep and the Passat ).
Ironic. It survived a coast-to-coast trip and the Alaska Highway and died outside the fence of Elmendorf AFB hit by someone who allegedly fell asleep at the wheel.
I have full coverage so no issues. It's a 2001 with 153 K miles so .... I think they will take it to the boneyard. I'm still in shock.
Going to break in the Savinelli Trevi which I wasn't going to smoke until my birthday Tuesday :puffpipe:

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
Good luck with the car, doesn't seem to bad, but underneath could be worse.
Seems like a good thing you weren't already out having a puff.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
doesn't seem to bad, but underneath could be worse
The hood latch is smashed shut, the alarm goes off randomly, there is a fist-sized dent in the fuel tank, and the passenger rear panel is sticking out. The exhaust tips and muffler are bent. The spare tire compartment raised up in the trunk. Amazingly, no airbags deployed.
Thank God I didn't load a bowl to smoke in the car as I usually do when I get home after work.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Glad you were not injured.
I hope the driver who caused the accident had insurance. If they did, Don't even call your insurance company. Just contact the other driver's insurance and get a claim number from them.
Lots of people make the mistake of reporting claims to their own insurance company when they ate not responsible for the damage.
I hope you enjoy the car you will get as a replacement.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Sorry to hear of your loss! I hope your dealings with any insurance companies are fruitful, quick, and painless.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Great attitude about the demise of your car. The things we own, are not the important things in our lives. I'm glad you had insurance, that makes it easier when something like this happens.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Insurance will handle it. If anything, one less thing to worry about since we will be relocating in close proximity to SPC 8) in Myrtle Beach SC. And it's also speeding up the process. We were planning to leave at the end of the summer, but now it looks like around 4th of July ....

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Sorry to hear about your dear friend's passing.
Is the sleepy head behind the wheel that started it all ok?
Aside from a pain in the butt dealing with all the insurance stuff, you are now shopping for a new car! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.