PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Ok so right off the bat, nothing to do with the band, although i do like them haha
I have to say i'm a novice pipe smoker, only been at it a short time and my tobacco exp is limited to only two aro blends. However this didn't stop me having an almost perfect smoke just now.
Arranged to come into work at lunch, picked up the ATV from the shop, and came home to a delicious sandwich....and a damned good bowl of Peterson Sunset Breeze. It is my first smoke that really "got" to me...i've been learning and trying my own cadence, and all the other nuances we have to make this hobby a truely personal experience. And today it all paid off. Just goes to show that it is a total experience, not just about the tobacco/pipe, but the whole feel.
To all the new smokers out there who are having trouble...keep at it. You will learn. It has taken me well over 6 months ish to finally have a truely enjoyable smoke. Don't get bogged down with the details, they only cloud and befuddle the experience. Make you and your smoking of pipe tobacco something unique to YOU. Like smokey the bear should have said "Only YOU can make pipe smoking enjoyable!"
Now its time to place a TAD order me thinks....going to delve into some new things, having never tried an "English" i think i'm going to grab some Frog Morton and possibly some Squadron Leader and see how i find it.
Just wanted to share this wonderful first, and hopefully one of many to come.
Have a great day everyone!
P.S. Amazing what a really great Smoke will do for your mood haha

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats Alex. I think you speak for a lot of us - when it all comes together, it's kismet!

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Right on brother. Had my first one last month. It is magical. Grats on the awesome smoke! :clap:

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Pipe smoking is soooo different than cigar smoking. It's peaceful quiet contemplative and I think generally lowers my blood pressure
I find that it's worth all of the effort and study involved
My wife thinks I'm nuts. :)
Allan

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Oh man. I just joined you! The pipe is almost out and for the first time I want to reach for a fresh pipe and another pack!

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
This is the most addictive (no pun intended) hobby I've ever had! I pick up these tobaccos thinking I'll open and smoke em when I'm done with my already opened tins and if never works. However, I'm sitting on a Sherlock Holmes by Peterson for a week or so now. We'll see if he makes it through the night :lol:

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Congrats. Sunset Breeze is my favorite aromatic. I dont hear many people talk about it, which surprises me. Glad to see there is someone else out there that enjoys this blend. I mix it with Va flake sometime to give it some extra kick.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Sunset has become my choice smoke at night when the house is quiet and I'm too awake to go to bed. So relaxing and tastes great with coffee!

Status
Not open for further replies.