PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I love some input on buying my next pipe. I like my Peterson and that style pipe. I’m not sure if I want a System pipe or regular army mount or Spigot. I’m not 100% sure of the difference but this is what I’m leaning towards.

Attachments

• D32BCDFF-5B94-445E-B7F1-7405EB44EF87.jpeg
    D32BCDFF-5B94-445E-B7F1-7405EB44EF87.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I’m really liking this one.
Good looking pipe for a good price. I'd say go for it.

I have this one on the way.
002-029-53680_1.4651.jpg

Capt Morgan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas
I’m really liking this one.

Well there you go Sir.
1602596968446.png
I just picked this one up this week. Should be here on Friday.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've had good luck with non-system Petes and I recommend the fishtail bits unless you have established that you prefer P-lips.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
I thinks it’s gonna take some getting used to for me. I just got mine and haven’t seen a real advantage to it, yet.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I started with Peterson’s, and still enjoy many of them today. The ones that didn’t do it for me have been sold off. System, Army Mount, Spigot... all solid choices. The pipe in your first picture is quite a looker. I’m fond of dense cross grain and sterling silver, so that one gets my vote!

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
I started with Peterson’s, and still enjoy many of them today. The ones that didn’t do it for me have been sold off. System, Army Mount, Spigot... all solid choices. The pipe in your first picture is quite a looker. I’m fond of dense cross grain and sterling silver, so that one gets my vote!
That’s the one I just bought. I have to get used to the p-lip. I’m looking for something similar with a fishtail. I just found a really nice Savinelli I may jump on it here in the next couple hours. I want a system pipe but can’t find one that grabs me by the beard.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Spigot and army mounts are basically the same. You can take them apart any time during smoke easily. Then again, I take my pipes apart during smoke to clean all the time. System pipes are like army mount, but it's designed to trap moisture and prevent it from going into the chamber. Also the stem has bigger bore towards the chamber to prevent moisture gurgling. These features give drier smoke. All my pipes that I have in rotation are Peterson, other than 3 cobs. They all smoke great.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Never smoked a Savinelli, but that’s a nice looking one. I’ve been eyeing a somewhat similar looking Peterson. Al Pascià has a nice Peterson Kapries XL90 that bears some general similarities (fishtail, saddle stem, bent, blasted finish). This one might scratch your Peterson itch.
BE80B80C-4BEB-4790-8B65-73E644B5806F.png

Reactions: STP

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
Never smoked a Savinelli, but that’s a nice looking one. I’ve been eyeing a somewhat similar looking Peterson. Al Pascià has a nice Peterson Kapries XL90 that bears some general similarities (fishtail, saddle stem, bent, blasted finish). This one might scratch your Peterson itch.
View attachment 46774
Oh my ! Thst May scratch a couple of itches and possibly even break the skin. She’s a bit too spendy at the moment unfortunately at $200+.

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
what is funny at some point that feels like a steal when you start realizing you'll have the pipe for decades.
I agree completely. My wife gives me heat for smoking to begin with and if I’m ordering $200 pipes on line she’s liable to cut me in my sleep. That’s an easier task at a retail shop where cash is king. I did find a similar one on eBay for less than half . I’ll find it again and post it.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I agree completely. My wife gives me heat for smoking to begin with and if I’m ordering $200 pipes on line she’s liable to cut me in my sleep. That’s an easier task at a retail shop where cash is king. I did find a similar one on eBay for less than half . I’ll find it again and post it.
tell her at least it not hookers I hear that expensive not into fishing but I've heard of marriages ending over them so must be expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.