PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
I've been in two minds about getting a Peterson Dracula series pipe since I first saw a picture of one on this forum. I was originally going to ask for one for my birthday, but my dear wife came up with a better solution. She is still going to get me a hand made Blakemar pipe as a gift and suggested I used some spare cash we had to get the Peterson (bless her)
I went for the Peterson Shape 69. As you can see it has a very striking stem with a silver band and a deep ebony stain on the bowl. It hangs from the mouth well and I've started the process of gently breaking it in. I bought it from the Black Swan tobacconists on Scarborough England, who were very helpful in answering a few questions I had prior to placing an order. I'm very pleased with it indeed. :)
Peterson_Dracula_Limited_Edition_Collectors_Pipe_SHape_69.jpg

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
They are in short supply here in the UK too. Most places I looked at are out of stock and I got the last one from Black Swan.
The silver band is engraved with "Dracula" and 3 bats. I am so thinking of adding some black stain, then wiping clean to make this stand out more.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I dig that pipe. That stem and the flat black is really unique. Lets us know how she smokes.

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
This is my third Peterson, the first (a system pipe) took ages to break in and didn't taste too good to start with and the second (speciality Calabash) wasn't so bad, although maybe that's because it has a real small bowl.
I've tried out the Dracula with cube cut University Flake, for a nice slow burn, and there's no bad taste. I guess that means they didn't get stain inside the bowl. It's well balanced and so easy to hold in your mouth and seems to smoke as well as a new pipe will.
When you look at the finish in strong light it's a lovely deep plumb colour, but from any distance looks totally black.
Chatting through email with http://www.thebackyshop.co.uk they say that they are having a lot of trouble getting stock in from Peterson as demand is outstripping supply. I can say I'm very happy with my purchase and it was good value, especially when you take the silver mount into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.