Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
This was compared about a week ago when I took a new picture of it after a month of smoking. This was smoked about once a day during that time. I'm loving the color that's starting to show already.
photogrid_1538761868199-600x600.jpg

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
It really is, Mike, I love to watch it turn. For about 3 weeks, after at least one smoke a day in it, I found myself wondering when I'd notice it start to turn, then, I decided to look at the pictures I took of it when I bought it. Man, I could really tell then. Amazing how when you see it every day, you can't see the change. Glad I took pictures as I went. Might start doing one a month.
Mostly my English tobaccos, Black Frigate, some burley blends, and I think some SWR Aromatic. I have pretty much smoked anything I have on hand. I think I've smoked my Exotic Passion and Connoisseur's Choice in it as well.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I smoke everything in my as well, handles the variety so much better than a briar.
I have heard aro's can color it faster but I am just getting into my short aromatic season with Sleepy Hollow, Autumn Evening and Exotic Orange.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Very good looking pipe! Love the stem, and the coloration of the meerschaum. I agree with everyone that meers look much better with some color. I'd like to add one to my collection sometime soon, especially considering my appreciation of absorbent cob pipes.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well, you certainly should! I wasn't sure how much I'd like it, but bought the most expensive one I could afford in a shape that appealed to me. Now I'm on a meerschaum PAD mission. I have every intention of buying more, probably less intricate, but in a more common shape. I'm now on the hunt for one with a military mount just because I think they look awesome. I definitely reach for it more than any of my briars, currently. Just love how it feels and the fact that I can smoke bowl after bowl with no need for a break, if I wanted to. The long stem on mine isn't ideal for lunting about too much, but I still clinch it fine. I want one with a shorter stem, spigot style next time.

Jan 8, 2013
Lovely pipe! I was actually planning on taking photos of my newest meer... the lion in claw, but now I have to wait :rofl: I don't want to take away from your post! I may do mine tomorrow or the next day.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I don't want to take away from your post! I may do mine tomorrow or the next day.
Codswallop! Go ahead and post her up! I'd love to see how she's coloring! I wanted one of the figurative meers for my purchase, like the eagle claw holding an egg, but when I saw this one, I just had to have it. I don't really see too many like mine around and thought it was unique. Hell, mine would likely fit in your lions mouth! :rofl:

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
That is a very nice Meer! I like how the stem is longer than normal, which allows plenty of room to hold while smoking (if you don't want to touch the bowl). Does it have a screw/push tenon? Or something different?
I enjoy smoking out of the AKB Viking I have mostly because the tobacco shines in it. The stem I have is thick, but workable. And I am not too worried about the coloring, but it slowly getting some changes. But I have been cruising the web for a more traditional shape as well, I just think when colored proper, they look really cool. Plus I'd like to find one with a thinner stem, a little more comfortable feel.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
It is a large pipe lol!
Well I don't reckon that baby will fit inside that lovely new pipe roll! LOl! :rofl:
Does it have a screw/push tenon? Or something different?
It's a push type, but I can't for the life of me remember what he called it for sure:
20181017_172144-600x483.jpg

The tobacco does have a lot cleaner taste, that's for sure. The bit on this one can be a little difficult to control when I need/want to clinch it, but I usually don't do it for very long. The bend makes it easy to clinch when necessary, but I do want a shorter stem for the next one.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
That is the same tenon mine has, push/pull and threads to the bowl counterclockwise and if I take some pliers can unthread from the stem. I actually cracked the original one and bought a replacement that worked perfect.
I was looking at the Market and saw a few pipes with both regular and Churchwarden stems. They almost look like standard stems girth though, so I’m not sure I’ll find it any more comfortable. I’m thinking a Meer with a GBD comfort stem, that would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.