12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Was standing in checkout and saw these in the spontaneous purchase area. Needed something to light the charcoal on the grill (old one fizzled out) and grabbed one. I thought it might be a really good pipe lighter. And it is! I'm not throwing away my Pipemasters or Kiribis but I may buy a couple more of these for going out purposes.

image.jpg

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
The flame is around an inch, more than adequate to light a pipe.
Well, the tube might just allow me to point it downwards without burning my thumb. If so, such a lighter might be just what the doctor ordered to light my cavernous Meerschaum when it's half-full or less—I was having a heck of a time lighting it with the Kabuto.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Looks like a cool lighter.

Well, the tube might just allow me to point it downwards without burning my thumb. If so, such a lighter might be just what the doctor ordered to light my cavernous Meerschaum when it's half-full or less—I was having a heck of a time lighting it with the Kabuto.
Try holding the lighter backwards and you won’t burn your thumb. I’ve been lighting glass pipes with carbs since I was 14 and this method works. B5DB4F99-805D-42ED-B99F-64E0426FBA98.jpeg

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
That is awesome! I was looking for a cheaper lighter to take out on the creek when we go tubing or kayaking. Looks like my local Target and Walmart carry these, so I am heading out today to grab a few packs. Thanks for the tip!