PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I've been an admirer of Dr. Bob's pipes for years. He has a rustication technique that IMHO is unmatched. Anyway, I've been craving one of his pipes for some time, but either the shape wasn't quite right, or the pipe wasn't rusticated, or whatever. Anyway, I saw this one and fell in love with it. He also makes some terrific hawk bills--check out his site: www.drbobpipes.com . For those of you who may not be familiar with the good doctor, he's a practicing physician in Vermont who just loves it when people (including other docs) want to assail him with the dangers of pipe smoking. He's got the facts and figures and quickly makes mincemeat out of detractors. Anyway, here's my new beauty:
128de81b9e036707c2b22f705825ad6f_zps599f2d48.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
A year or two ago, I sat next to Dr Bob at the Friday night banquet at the Chicago Pipe Show. I really enjoyed talking to him on a number of topics. I hope you enjoy your new pipe.
Winton

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great texture on that briar, and the simplicity and balance of the shape really come together. Super.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I had never heard of him. Next time I am up at the house in VT I am going to try and connect if he is close enough.
His blast almost looks like coral. Fantastic

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, that looks magnificent. That shape is right up my alley. I chatted with him at the NYC show earlier this year and was impressed with his work. This Apple looks terrific.
330_rustic_pipe05.jpg

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I love Dr. Bobs Hawkbill nosewarmers. The latter and his rustication together are unmistakeable, besides the Red, White and Blue dots. Great looking pipes.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Dr. Bob makes a great pipe and his rustication is very unique as others have said. Steve Fallon Pipestud just sold a really nice Dr. Bob hawkbill that is one of his signature shapes. Take a look at this one, a beauty.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DR-BOB-KIESS-HAWKBILL-NOSEWARMER-SHAPED-PIPE-WITH-CUMBERLAND-STEM-PIPESTUD-/151382484415?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233f1965bf

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Thanks docwatson, that is one nice looking pipe. Dr. Bob has a smooth hawkbill on his site that's a real beauty, but I salivate over his rusticated ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.