PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
I have wanted to try a Brigham for a while, so I picked this one up. Yes it is their bottom rung line...so bottom rung it doesn't even have an adventurous name and is just called System Sandblasted(not as flashy as Voyageur or Tundra, granted ?). But in looking at what was offered for sale, I really did like this finish more than the others. It reminds me of sandstone formations I would often see in Arizona.

002-491-6392.9882.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the shape and finish too. I've avoided Brigham because of the rock maple inserts, but I guess they smoke well enough without those. Extra doo-dads just cause clutter and bother in my mind, but that's just me. I wanted a Brigham in years past as a Canadian-made pipe, but I believe they are made in Italy these days. It is a handsome pipe, and a sitter, which always scores a lot of extra points. It looks like it has an ample chamber as well.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I like the shape and finish too. I've avoided Brigham because of the rock maple inserts, but I guess they smoke well enough without those. Extra doo-dads just cause clutter and bother in my mind, but that's just me. I wanted a Brigham in years past as a Canadian-made pipe, but I believe they are made in Italy these days. It is a handsome pipe, and a sitter, which always scores a lot of extra points. It looks like it has an ample chamber as well.
Lower tier is made in Italy. The upper tier pipes are made in France.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipe making is a global industry now. It's hard to keep track. Jobey started in France, moved to England, moved to the U.S., and now is back in France, last I heard. I think Nording sources from several countries. You need one of these satellite tracking maps to keep track.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Pipe making is a global industry now. It's hard to keep track. Jobey started in France, moved to England, moved to the U.S., and now is back in France, last I heard. I think Nording sources from several countries. You need one of these satellite tracking maps to keep track.
fun fact it kind of doesn't matter where they sit when carving the pipe. :)

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
I also avoided Brigham's because of the system, but I finally just gave in. I love the look and the shape, so I just went for it. And this one is made in Italy, yes.

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
My Brigham arrived today. I loaded it up with some St Bruno, and gave it a whirl. At first, it seemed like the distillator restricted the draw a little(though I may have just been imagining that), but as I smoked, it seemed fine. It's a good smoker, looks good, feels good in my hand.

I'm glad I finally gave a Brigham a shot!