PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Do not know If I should have bought these at my age(52),I did, My First (last) Castello KK Carlo Scotti Lovat mod 14 and then it was This Savinelli Punto Oro 623 Half bent bulldog, http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/15493/castello-castello-kk-mod-14-lovat-carlo-scotti.jpg

http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/15493/punto-oro-mod-623-bent-rhodesian.jpg

http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/15493/castello-castello-kk-mod-14-lovat-carlo-scotti-1.jpg

http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/15493/punto-oro-mod-623-bent-rhodesian-1.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Wonderful pipes, Paul. And what does she have to with it? The heart wants what the heart wants. Is that your first Castello saddle stem? If so, you will live it. I posted prior about my love for the Castello saddle stem pipes. Such a wonderful smoking machine. I’m happy for you.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
My first one is ready to be unwrapped Christmas morning. Can't wait.
Those are beautiful pipes you picked out. By the way, we're the same age too. Better late than never.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thank You, gentlemen for Your kind words, well to be honest,in the past I have had far too many factory made pipes, otherwise acceptable some with minor flaws some without,but as per se, nothing special,today I'm discovering the marvel of older English refurbished estate pipes and, it is quite astonishing to feel how wonderfully these do smoke compared to my other newer pipes, where's the secret to this phenomena,?can't say.As for the Castelllos,their Lovats and Canadian shaped pipes, as well as some Billiards, do have that something that speaks to me, clear in appearance and quite elegant but still preserving that classic looks, the only problem was the majority of the offerings seem to have pretty big chambers, the Sea Rock line is also what I may consider, once I manage to win the national lottery, All right, enough talkin' now I'm heading to pay my debts.

Ps,It was the Italian based pipe trader where I did source for them/Lanzola Pipeshop.It /Parma-Italy

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Paul, since you know my predilections for Lovats, Savs, & bent bulls, I'm sure you know my opinion. If not, if I were you I'd move, change the locks & combination on your pipe safe, **&** not tell me your new address! Gorgeous, just plain gorgeous!
Bill

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Nice choices. I got a 623 Punto Anniversary from Floppy a year ago and it's great pipe. Very comfortable hand cut acrylic stem.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thanks, gents,in some of these days I'll try to upload some pictures of my latest English estates,Yes,in all probability, I'm a bit narrow-minded,but those too represent that Canadian shape.
Ps,This Pipe-Lanzola.it ships in two days, speediest delivery ever seen performed by UPS Express

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
latest English estates,Yes,in all probability, I'm a bit narrow-minded,but those too represent that Canadian shape.
Not a dang thing wrong with Canadians, Paul! Not that I could say anything else, being a real lumberman fan myself. If I had to cut my collection to just 3 hunks of briar, at least 2 would be Danish or a bulldog, & the third would probably be a Canadian of some sort. It's a good fireside shape for when you want to do zip but relax & enjoy the smoke.....

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Bnicholas23} Lumbermans are possibly my very favorite shape, Probably is all that estetic side and all them long mortise/stem pipes seem to be a bit more forgiving when it comes to possible tongue bite,(something like cooler the smoke)and yes Bulldog shape,it's real is one of those essentials one can't do without.

Oct 7, 2016
Enjoy your 14. One of my favorite shapes. The tall Lovats (shape 75) that they make were my all time favorite shape years ago, but I find the current models uncomfortable. Lanzola provides good service. They also have very decent estate selections from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.