PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
My passion project... to build the perfect pipe storage unit. I am not there yet, but am inching closer. This is my 4th iteration. It has its downsides. For one, a damn vintage suitcase is expensive! This one is 7"X10"X15". I hollowed it out (removed internal storage accessories) and then installed some plywood I covered with brown velvet. Found some stay-brackets on the web that are rubber coated. Installed those on the plywood. Plywood simply glued to the inside of suitcase with liquid nails. IMG_5507.jpegIMG_9520.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My passion project... to build the perfect pipe storage unit. I am not there yet, but am inching closer. This is my 4th iteration. It has its downsides. For one, a damn vintage suitcase is expensive! This one is 7"X10"X15". I hollowed it out (removed internal storage accessories) and then installed some plywood I covered with brown velvet. Found some stay-brackets on the web that are rubber coated. Installed those on the plywood. Plywood simply glued to the inside of suitcase with liquid nails. View attachment 42574View attachment 42575
this to my mind looks like a prop from a bad scifi movie. One where real tobacco is illegal and some guy in a trench coat is going to show this to someone else in a dark alley before the neo coppers show up. In other words it's awesome.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
My passion project... to build the perfect pipe storage unit. I am not there yet, but am inching closer. This is my 4th iteration. It has its downsides. For one, a damn vintage suitcase is expensive! This one is 7"X10"X15". I hollowed it out (removed internal storage accessories) and then installed some plywood I covered with brown velvet. Found some stay-brackets on the web that are rubber coated. Installed those on the plywood. Plywood simply glued to the inside of suitcase with liquid nails. View attachment 42574View attachment 42575
Beautiful case !

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Cool! I’m thinking that you could get twice as many pipes in there if you flipped every other pipe... one up, one down... kinda like stablebrush52.

Status
Not open for further replies.