PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I was a cigar smoker... Perdomo lot 23. and Padron 1964 anniversary . I decided to try a pipe tobacco,,, I bought a cheap pipe off Amazon, and a couple of oz of Lane 1q.
I was intrigued.
I bought a tin of Dunhill Nightcap, have no idea why. when I opened it I was amazed. The aroma was incredible. When I loaded my cheap pipe (which I still have and smoke in rotation) I was floored... Simply amazing....
I haven't been a pipe smoker for very long.. I was lucky enough to get in before the end of Dunhill.. I bought a couple more tins of nightcap, then bought a pound. I always break a new pipe in with nightcap.
When Dunhill went away, I grabbed a couple more tins, but the bulk was sold out. TAD took over and I built a cellar of English, mostly from this sites recommendations. A couple months ago, I started smoking Virginias. again no idea why.. The grassy Hay flavor hooked me and I built a cellar from stoyk - newmin - sutclif and comoy.
Then I found Lakelands.. I bought 1 oz of ennerdale just to try it. Needless to say I have pounds of Ennerdale, Grasmere, glenngary, and my fav Boson . now... Ive still yet to aquire kendall Flake...
Tonight, I loaded a pipe from the Nightcap bulk that has been sitting dormant.. All at once I was back to the first time I tried it.. The flavor and aroma, the retrohale.. Ive found nothing that matches it.
it was a great journey for an hour or so, to enjoy it again. looking forward to the next time I crack it open!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You certainly got right down to some quality premium blends, and likely that has made a smoother journey. Thanks for the account.

Sep 18, 2015
I too am a fan of Nightcap, I have quite a few different Latakia blends that have more depth, flavor, strength, etc but NC is still a go to, it’s usually my first bowl of the morning on my drive to work. One of the things I love about it is how easy it is to smoke, open a jar, grab a pinch, stuff it in a bowl and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.