PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
A while back I bought an old dresser for $30 with the intention of turning it into a liquor cabinet. I finally got it mostly finished and moved into my office the other day. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I hung my pipe rack on the side and all my tobacco fits in the bottom drawer. The only problem is none of my friends have been over yet to show it off to and my wife just gave me a "wow, that's nice babe." I wanted to show it to a group of guys and gals that would appreciate it and where better than here? Anyway, here it is. If anyone has any suggestions to make it better let me know! It is a work in progress.

nyamuk

Lurker
Nov 28, 2013
That looks awesome. I attempted to turn an old Russian ammo crate into a nightstand with a working drawer, its a work in progress. I would be happy if it turned out half as good as this.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Great work! Store your pipes and booze is one space. Practical and aesthetically pleasing. Just add some tequila to that liquor cabinet, if there isn't some in there already, and it will be perfect.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Just beautiful, Rosney.
I love the mirrored back and please tell us how you did the interior lighting. The rail guide for the glasses are a very nice touch.
If you're storing the highball glasses bottoms up I'd suggest some really good rubber mesh strip mats to protect the rims. The stuff comes in all colors and if you select something neutral it shouldn't take away from the beauty of all that wood. (That's the old bartender in me speaking out. Great gig - did it for six years before she walked through the door.)
Really nice work, pal.
Fnord

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks guys!
The mirror back was the most interesting part. I just bought a blank mirror from lowes and then cut it with a metal cutoff wheel. I wouldn't reccomend that if anyone else is wondering. It makes a fairly jagged cut, which I wasn't worried about since the cut line would be covered, and throws a lot of little glass pieces everywhere. Great idea about the mesh strips where the glasses go Fnord. I was originally going to lay felt down there but decided not to. I like the mesh idea though.
On a separate note if anyone is looking for a fairly inexpensive single barrel bourbon give Elmer T Lee a try. I bought the bottle at Meijer for $25 and it is delicious!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Beautifully done!
I plan on a liquor cabinet in my smoking room, just have to find as good of bargain as you did. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.