PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hello everyone, I thought I'd share the pipes I'm smoking this weekend and I hope you are all having a wonderful and smokey long weekend! Today I share what I like to call my grape and cherry Castellos because of the beautiful colors on the stems! Check these out and I hope you like them as much as I do! ☺️? ?470313.jpg470040.jpg470315.jpg470144.jpg470077.jpg470313.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_095347.jpg
    IMG_20210904_095347.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 12

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
i thought it was just Askwith and Ashton--well also of course Ardor--that used flamboyant stems.

Nice! Happy Smoking!

Reactions: Smoke Queen

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Great Looking Photo! I can never to get the colors to pop like you did! I collect, love and will pay a premium for Castello’s with a colored stem. I don’t see many with the white bar and fewer on a smooth piece. Most of mine are Hallco era Sea Rocks or Old Antiquari’s.

• Love

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Great Looking Photo! I can never to get the colors to pop like you did! I collect, love and will pay a premium for Castello’s with a colored stem. I don’t see many with the white bar and fewer on a smooth piece. Most of mine are Hallco era Sea Rocks or Old Antiquari’s.
Yes they're great that's why I wanted to show everyone these ones! I do try to take photos which will give the pipes the justice they deserve. I usually like to take the pictures outside with natural light, and I often use fruits to bring out colors or shapes which might otherwise be missed...

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
What year are those?

From reading around Castello used colored stems in the 70s, and supposedly you can occasionally seem them now.

Hmm

Nice pipes! :)

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yes they're great that's why I wanted to show everyone these ones! I do try to take photos which will give the pipes the justice they deserve. I usually like to take pictures outside with natural light, and I often use fruits to bring out colors or shapes which might otherwise be missed...
What year are those?

From reading around Castello used colored stems in the 70s, and supposedly you can occasionally seem them now.

Hmm

Nice pipes! :)
Yes now I have some ???