PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I just realized that August 28th of last year was when I signed up on this forum. Which means this past year went by way too fast. And brought a lot of changes. I was promoted twice at work. I became a father. I bought a house. And I may have bought a few new pipes and tins to go with it all. What a year.
I've been smoking for about six years now. And a lot of new questions have come up over these years. When I started I was hopeless. I could barely keep a pipe lit, let alone know what blend I was even trying to keep lit. Now I'm settled in with my favorite blends and pipes. My tastes have slowly evolved into what they are today. Don't get me wrong; I will change again. But for now, I'm quite content. Actually, I couldn't be better.
The past year on this forum has changed my entire outlook about pipes. The plethora of knowledge on this board is endless. It's constantly growing, and we're growing with it. And like a fine Virginia, my smoking career has aged. But I'm not ready to pop open that tin just yet. I still have about 13,874 blends to try, and boxes of pipes I want to eventually own. I still have some aging to do.
With that being said, thanks to everyone that's contributed to my smoking career. Thanks to everyone in the past year who has given me advice on techniques and recommendations on blends. And thanks to everyone who will continue to share information and experiences on this forum with the rest of us. I'm going to light up a bowl of Old Dublin later and begin day number 366 on the PM forums.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Sean, thanks for a wonderfully written and edifying post. I'm looking forward to your year #2 also. :clap:

BTW, you are now authorized to wear the Official PipesMagazine.com Propeller Beanie!

Propellerbeanie-1.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice post Sean. I agree this website has greatly increased my knowledge and enjoyment of the the pipe and tobacco hobby. Here's to another year of fine aging. :puffy:

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
:rofl: Cortez.
I agree with Cortez, Sean that was a wonderful post and a great recap of your year with pipesmagazine.com. It seems you lived a blessed life with your family and its always nice to hear that on here. To another 120 years my friend. (Its an Arabic saying, 120 years...)
I think it derives from Genesis
Gen. 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”
Catholic Arabs say this on your birthday, or any special occasion basically meaning may God tolerate and bless you for another 120 years.
Im not that religious i just thought i should explain what i meant lol any how way off topic now. congrats.
Smokey..

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Definitely enjoying the same. I'm barely two years in, so needless to say I learn more than a few things here with this wealth of knowledge. Congrats, and here's to enjoying the next six or seventy years!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Here's too many more years on the best pipe site on the web. I know my enjoyment has gone up big time because of this place. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Sean, I agree with your view of this forum. Enjoy reading your "no BS" views on pipe issues. Always objective, informative.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Thanks for the well-wishes. Allan, I also hope that I get many more years to enjoy. Roth, you're definitely much more active at posting than I am. Cortez, thanks for the hat. Mike, isn't it weird how much useful information is on here? Smokey, I don't know much about the Arabic numeral system or Genesis, but thanks for the saying. Eric, hopefully we can all make it another twenty years. Jud, you got me started on the stuff, you're partially responsible for the money I spend with Peterson. Ghost, thank you. Harris, this is definitely the best forum on the web. Six, thank you. Boudreaux, thank you.
By the way, if you haven't experienced Old Dublin on a summers eve', you're missing out.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Brilliant post....and most importantly, thank you Sean for posting this. A lot of us don't have a lot of fellow pipe smokers to learn from and get advice. The more members here, the more our collective knowledge grows. I appreciate the sentiments in this thread and echo the OP...Thanks to all who have answered questions, given advice, and made me laugh...
:crying: I love you guys and gals...haha

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Sean, that is a beautiful post. It's amazing what a year can do. Happy Piping :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.