PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Gorgeous score there, Max! You can't go wrong with Winslows. I've got 7-8 of his, mostly Crowns. Magnificent smokes every one. One has THE best draw of any pipe I've ever had.

Prebens were always a dream of mine when I was working in shops eons ago when I couldn't afford them. Many trips around the sun later I've got at least 10, all excellent. I keep my eyes open for either his, God rest him, or any Winslow.

Bill

unclemax

Lurker
Nov 23, 2017
Gorgeous score there, Max! You can't go wrong with Winslows. I've got 7-8 of his, mostly Crowns. Magnificent smokes every one. One has THE best draw of any pipe I've ever had.

Prebens were always a dream of mine when I was working in shops eons ago when I couldn't afford them. Many trips around the sun later I've got at least 10, all excellent. I keep my eyes open for either his, God rest him, or any Winslow.

Bill
Thank-you, Bill! This is one of those semi-blind purchases that far exceeds one's expectations. The more I read about Mr. Winslow, the more I was like "aw this guy's craftsmanship is tooo cool!". You're fortunate to have such a nice collection. I doubt that I'll ever go after a Preben, but it's nice to have a carving from his top assistant from back in the day. Thank-ya for sharing that, Bill??

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Beautiful pipe!
I ordered one from SP Europe several months ago, similar shape to yours in A grade made around 1985-1990, according to the dot on the stem. Was held in Europe for nearly 2 months due to COVID but started its journey about 2 weeks go! Hope to have it soon :)004-150-0342.4963.jpg004-150-0342_1.7149.jpg004-150-0342_3.7677.jpg

unclemax

Lurker
Nov 23, 2017
Beautiful pipe!
I ordered one from SP Europe several months ago, similar shape to yours in A grade made around 1985-1990, according to the dot on the stem. Was held in Europe for nearly 2 months due to COVID but started its journey about 2 weeks go! Hope to have it soon :)View attachment 47308View attachment 47309View attachment 47310
Thank-ya, Anthony!.. You've got a niiice one headin your way! Love the sweet flame grain and Birdseye, amigo!! Bummer about the hold-up. I have a pipe on it's way from Italy, which has been sitting in Germany for a few. Oh well, please keep her safe, authorities lol. My Cuban cigars used to get held up in Europe around Christmastime because of those whackos sending bombs disguised in ink cartridge packages. A$$holes were giving my vendor fits lol (but I digress). The first Winslows I was looking at were Grade A bent dublins. Absolutely stunning! Then I saw the pricing ahem, and found my new one down the list. It caught my eye so quickly that I didn't hesitate! As I relayed to another member, there was zero buyer's remorse after unboxing. Now those bent dublins are on my list, pricing be damned!? Allergies/congestion prevented an inaugural smoke again last night dangit, but I should be good later today. I hope your pipe arrives soon, Anthony! Please let us know when you receive it and how that beauty smokes!??

Reactions: ofafeather

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Thanks unclemax, hope your health gets better soon.

I am practically waiting next to the mail box for my pipe :) Although the photos don't show it my pipe is an estate and SP Europe often have good pricing on their estates (and free shipping for purchases above 100 euro!)

unclemax

Lurker
Nov 23, 2017
Thanks unclemax, hope your health gets better soon.

I am practically waiting next to the mail box for my pipe :) Although the photos don't show it my pipe is an estate and SP Europe often have good pricing on their estates (and free shipping for purchases above 100 euro!)
Aw you're welcome, Anthony. And thank-you.. dang seasonal allergies. Nice snag again on the Winslow. Great value to be had in Estate pipes! Hope it hits your mailbox soon. I just checked on my Ser Jacopo, and it's cleared customs in the U. S. of A? Cheers to adding nice pipes to our collections! I'm very grateful?58F87E43-B8F7-42C0-B280-7E46320970AC.jpeg

unclemax

Lurker
Nov 23, 2017
Happy Weekend everybody! My newest pipe, a beautiful Poul Winslow bent apple arrived earlier this week. (5.76L x 1.90H x 1.90Ext Dia/ Chamber Int: 1.44H x .84D) Wicked allergies have prevented an inaugural bowl so far, but hopefully I should be good to go by this evening (plz, plz, plz lol). I almost always break in my new pipes with Three Nuns or C&D's Opening Night, two of my simple all-time favorites. Thought about maybe switchin things up this time around. The Rattrays and FVF are fairly new, while the Three Nuns has a few years on it. I've never tried HOTW (i know smh!!) or the 40. FVF is FVF, and that's a gooood thing. Apologies for the mini-reflections on the bowl... I'm obviously not a photographer. Beautiful craftsmanship, Mr. Winslow! Much appreciation, and many thanks!View attachment 47209
Update!... I’m going to be putting this gorgeous piece on the bay in the next day or two. It’s never been smoked, and came new from SP last Fall. It’s an amazing pipe. I would list it here, preferably, but do not have the required # of posts yet. Feel free to reach out w/ questions, but I do not want to overstep my boundaries w/ the forum bosses?? Thank-you, everybody!