PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
The Danish factory closed sometime back and production was moved to Italy.
So the only way you will get a Danish-made Stanwell is on the estate market.
NOS Danish Stanwells pop up from time to time, but tend to get snapped up quickly.

Stanwell has had a long history of commissioning designs from top Danish makers eg Sixten Ivarsson, Anne Julie, Jess Chonowitsch, Tom Eltang and Nanna Ivarsson amongst others.

Pipedia has good, albeit incomplete, information on the shape numbers and their designers
I always turned to Basil Stevens list ( and there missing quite some information too ), but if you can post an alternate one please do !

Reactions: Alex.Jr

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
Very nice looking pipe. I have more Stanwells than any other brand or maker and I love all of them. I only have danish made Stanwells but I'm sure the newer ones are very good as well. Happy smoking!

Reactions: Alex.Jr

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
You can’t go wrong with a Stanwell.

I have probably 20 Stanwells. Reg’d, Danish and Italian production. Well made, fit and finish, drilled perfectly. And not overly expensive.

A few years back P&C was blowing out the Brushed Brown line for $20 a piece. Best value for the money I ever spent on a pipe.

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The Danish factory closed sometime back and production was moved to Italy.
So the only way you will get a Danish-made Stanwell is on the estate market.
NOS Danish Stanwells pop up from time to time, but tend to get snapped up quickly.

Stanwell has had a long history of commissioning designs from top Danish makers eg Sixten Ivarsson, Anne Julie, Jess Chonowitsch, Tom Eltang and Nanna Ivarsson amongst others.

Pipedia has good, albeit incomplete, information on the shape numbers and their designers
I'm sure there are plenty of new boxed Danes in tobacco shops, both B&M and online. You just have to know which barcode numbers correspond to Denmark. Stanwell's boxes have the code.

Reactions: OzPiper and Alex.Jr

woodrow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2018
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
Back in the day, 35 years or so, the neighbouring pipe shop in Saskatoon, Sk sold primarily Stanwells, so basically that’s all I smoked and collected. All I have is Stan’s and Brigham. Stanwell never seemed to disappoint.
Thats a beautiful pipe! Happy puffing.

Reactions: Alex.Jr and OzPiper