PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoBo

Lurker
Oct 2, 2020
Sussex, England
My first Savinelli arrived yesterday. A beautiful Rustic 320 Oceano. I've only been smoking pipes a couple of months and up til now I've bought 4 cheap Amazon pipes which I've enjoyed but this is in a league of its own. Beautifully crafted and lovely to hold. Only had two bowls so far as I want to break her in. First time with a balsa filter - not sold on them yet. I think I'll be saving my pennies for decent equipment from now on.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Good the hear. I very happy w/all of my Savinellis. You can ditch the filters if you don’t like them and go w/the adapter, or without either... ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most Savinelli pipes hold 6 mm balsa filters and wouldn't take a 9 mm filter. Some Savs have no filters. The adaptor for filter pipes restricts the draw just a little and provides a no-filter experience if you don't like the draw without the filter -- your preference.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Most Savinelli pipes hold 6 mm balsa filters and wouldn't take a 9 mm filter.
Those sold in the European market have 9mm filters.
Can you not just use a standard 9mm activated carbon filter? What does the adapter do?
Reduces the airflow down to a non filtered pipe though I just smoke them without the filter or adapter.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
I don’t own any Savinellis, but the 320 is the one shape that makes me bite my lip in appreciation and fantasize about asking for her phone number...oh, sorry, we were talking about pipes. Um. Yes. The 320’s a very pleasantly zaftig and...sorry. Pipes. The thing about the 320 is the curvaceous, well-proportioned...sorry, let’s just start over again. I...quite fancy that shape. Yes.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
My first Savinelli arrived yesterday. A beautiful Rustic 320 Oceano. I've only been smoking pipes a couple of months and up til now I've bought 4 cheap Amazon pipes which I've enjoyed but this is in a league of its own. Beautifully crafted and lovely to hold. Only had two bowls so far as I want to break her in. First time with a balsa filter - not sold on them yet. I think I'll be saving my pennies for decent equipment from now on.
Good scoop.Savinellis are the unsung heroes of the pipe world.first rate workmanship.

Reactions: fightnhampster

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Not sure if it applies to the OP (& I'm sure most of you know/don't care) but 6mm charcoal filters are also available instead of balsa for the 6mm Savinelli range with no adaptors etc

Reactions: fightnhampster
Status
Not open for further replies.