PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
After butchering a few test pieces of briar trying different settings on my new sandblaster, decided to blast this Dublin with B&W ebony inlay...Thought it came out kinda nice...:)

241kprq.jpg

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Zack, that is a BEAUTY!!! The shape, the blast, and oh the B&W Ebony. You did get your hands on some very nice stock there. Whoever is getting that pipe is one lucky bastage!

B

Jan 8, 2013
Ok... it's a straight and it's blasted. So even though I've seen some straights I like, and some blasts I thought were quite nice (It's mainly the rustications I don't care for so much)I'm usually not going to like it. I'm a smooth bent pipe kind of guy. Even a subtle blend is all it takes for it to catch my eye really. So by all rights, I shouldn't like that pipe... But WOW! That thing is an absolute beauty! :) Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a pipe of yours I didn't like. Well done, Zack. I think many a pipeman would be proud to have it. Keep it up :)

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Zack you have a real talent of making pipes, and your work is truly unique.

~Ron

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks guys! Yep- just got the gear setup last week. It takes about 5 rounds of blasting to get it to that point. The final stage was buffing to give some light highlights to the overall black finish- matched up nicely with the B&W ebony...

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
:clap:
Nice going Zack! Love what we're seeing here. I particularly like how the stain, buffing and natural top are enhanced by the stem treatment. Nice design, man.
-- Pat

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Kinda nice? I'm with petes03, I think it looks GREAT! As others have said, I also really like the rim, he contrast in texture, and color between the stain and the natural birdseye is a winner. The stem detail echoes the contrast, very, very well done!
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.