PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
Hello, my name is Ryan. I just joined the website, but I have been reading it for a couple weeks. I have found so much information here! Seems like a great community with plenty of help for beginners like myself. I’m hoping maybe I can find a little more information on a Falcon pipe that my fiancé has.

I read through the threads on Falcons, tons of great info. However the code on this pipe is not like any I saw listed. I saw that there some with stamps of FDF, FDH, And FDH but this one is clearly marked FDD. What does that mean in terms of production and why can’t I find any other ones like this? I would appreciate any info or even some quality guesswork!

i hope you can see my photos well enough, it definitely is marked FDD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 21

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I should have mentioned I live in central Indiana, USA.
Welcome!

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Reactions: Ryan

Ryan

Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
Welcome!

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.
Thank you for the tip, I changed it!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

burleybreath

Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA

Ryan

Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
Welcome, Ryan, from NY. The answer to your question might lie in the book, Back from the Ashes. Have you read it? Think it's only available now on Kindle (or any download capable device). Interesting pipes.

Amazon.com: Back From The Ashes: Uncovering the Lost History of G. L. Hunt and the Falcon Pipe eBook : Worth, K. A.: Books - https://www.amazon.com/Back-Ashes-Uncovering-History-Falcon-ebook/dp/B006VOOFNC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=back+from+the+ashes&qid=1633093739&s=books&sr=1-1
I have not read it, but I did read of its existence while trying to research this topic. Thank you for the recommendation!

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.