PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalopat

Lurker
Jul 15, 2014
Christmas in August for me! I decided to splurge and picked up a Peterson Christmas Pipe 2014. This is my first Peterson, and I could wait to try it. Thanks to smokeybear's recent review I picked up some Villiger After Dinner and had some the other night. Truly delightful. It is amazing how the quality of the pipe effects the smoke.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Peterson pipe. I already have two Christmas Peterson's for this year, and you look like you picked a marvelous one. Most of my pipes are Petersons, and they are a great pipe balancing cost with quality, and they have a huge variety from churchwardens to billiards to apples. I don't know of anyone--knock on wood--who has anything bad to say about Petersons. Wait until you start exploring their amazing variety!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nice! That is one of my favorite shapes.
I have not gotten any new Peterson's in awhile, been focusing on American carvers, but this may soon change.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
That Peterson is beautifully rusticated. I hope it provides you a lifetime of great smokes.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I have one Peterson, the Killarney 221 SF and it smokes great so far. Could mean more good things to come. That pipe looks nice especially the stem. Nice pick up.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
As I mentioned, I got two Christmas Petersons. Wait until Christmas? Nonsense! I'm smoking them now!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love my Petes, and am impressed with the Christmas 2014 edition, colorful but tasteful too. I'm

smoking a Killarney B11 ebony bent brandy right now. Love that sturdy heft.

pipesmoker66

Lurker
Aug 11, 2014
I agree > great choice! These Christmas pipes are gorgeous, and I predict they will set a new benchmark for color and design in Christmas pipes. Gotta git me one of those!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Agree with the above. The red translucent stem is gorgeous, and the extra red on the stain of some superb rustication makes a whole new benchmark for Christmas pipes. Lord knows how Peterson will outdo themselves next year, because I can't imagine these pipes getting any better than this year's. I've got the bent brandy and am expecting the straight billiard later early next week. Who would have thought when I started smoking pipes about 14 months ago with only two pipes--and thinking I would never get more--that I would get so many that I am now working on plans for a pipe cabinet!?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
The idea of a pine cone was exactly what I was thinking of when I ordered my two Peterson Christmas pipes.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Very nice addition to the stable, indeed! As the owner of 3 Peterson's, i say great choice, they smoke wonderfully. My flame grain 106 billiard is one of my favorite pipes of my 37 that i own. Cheers and happy puffing!

Status
Not open for further replies.