PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
First off I would like to thank Meerqueen for helping me with this purchase and giving me a good deal. I won't get into the details, as he is here to make money, but he hooked me up on this beauty.

I smoked it at a wedding reception this weekend, since I had just received it, and wow what a nice smoke!! My first meer, not counting a calabash off ebay. :puffy:

meerschaum%202_zpsfoylecn5.jpg
[/URL]
meerschaum%201_zpsnjookqrs.jpg
[/URL]

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Saintpeter, it is fun to admire.

I am a little paranoid about having touched it too much on the meerschaum and causing a finger print in the beeswax patina, since I have never broke one in yet, I have read not to touch the bowl for a while.

I think it should be good though, it smokes Vapers and English blends like a dream..

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Like voorhees and the weez said, just smoke it. Don't worry about handling it with kid gloves because that'll make you neurotic, and diminish the whole experience. Just handle it with clean hands. Some time down the road you'll probably start applying white bee's wax to make the color pop, and it is then that you can smooth over any fingerprint impression(s). The main thing is to smoke the hell out of it. It can be used with far less rest than a briar.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That is a fabulous meer. Congrats and enjoy it...and I agree with the others...just handle it with clean hands and don't worry about it.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi,
We are glad that you like your pipe.You have now best premium grade meerschuam pipe.Enjoy :)

Bahadir

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Thanks for all the advice fellas. I will and just and smoke it. I am not really the type to baby things too much, although reading about it people sounded very careful with the white glove treatment for the first few smokes.

Are any of you careful about colder temperatures with them, say 10,000 feet up in the rockies on a cool night in front of a campfire?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
oldmansmoking, this is just my opinion, but beware that the draft hole on most meers is severely restricted. Check out a previous post on this issue. I think WGM pipes, or some of them anyway, have a more conventional mortise and tenon system like this...

wgm-mortise-bollitopipes.jpg

oldmansmoking

May 13, 2017
UK
Yes I think your right on the ones I have seen in car boot sales, others the mouthpieces don't fit and swing around.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
beware that the draft hole on most meers is severely restricted
Cortez, I was very surprised that this one is a quite open draft, in fact it is a lot like one of my clay dutch pipes that is totally open, almost no restriction at all. I am liking this pipe more every day.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Oh and it does have the newer style mortise and tenon, not the old dreaded threaded type.. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.