PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
So I came across this meer and after scanning the pictures decided to make an offer,which was accepted.
I am now the owner of this Aktas meer.
It wasnt very expensive and appears to have a conventional tenon so hopefully wont suffer from the restricted draw problem.
I searched around the net and found the same pipe but with a black stem with aktas written on it and no silver ring,so I dont know if the stem and ring are original or not.hopefully some of the rim tar will clean off and not to much charring underneath exists372637233724
Anyone know anything about this maker?

jhowell

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 25, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
So I came across this meer and after scanning the pictures decided to make an offer,which was accepted.
I am now the owner of this Aktas meer.
It wasnt very expensive and appears to have a conventional tenon so hopefully wont suffer from the restricted draw problem.
I searched around the net and found the same pipe but with a black stem with aktas written on it and no silver ring,so I dont know if the stem and ring are original or not.hopefully some of the rim tar will clean off and not to much charring underneath existsView attachment 3726View attachment 3723View attachment 3724
Anyone know anything about this maker?
Nice pipe

From the carver's website:
Five generations of craftsmanship and meerschaum mining. The Turkish pipe maker AKTAS¸ Family is the fifth generation of a small family business devoted to meerschaum. The great grand fathers was founder of the mine that for decades has been supplying the finest block meerschaum the Austrian meerschaum pipe marked. Besim AKTAS carries on the proud carving traditions from his father, grandfather and great grandfather in his block meerschaum pipes of which some are straight and classic models and some more artistic with ornaments. Besim also masters the classic hand carving of pipe bowls with figures and faces. He often uses a sterling silver band with discreet ornaments to reinforce the joint between the stem and the shank. Stem material can be colored vulcanite, art amber or genuine amber. Besim`s pipes are moderate priced taking the quality and craftsmanship in consideration. -Pipedia

Enjoy...

Reactions: paulfg and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.