PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Preferred Member
Jul 30, 2016
Here's the image from Ebay. When I get it I'll report if I'm one-and-done with this carver.
[url='http://i.imgur.com/n0GvVPT' t=_self]
[/url]

aldecaker

Preferred Member
Feb 13, 2015
Well, she's a looker, that's for sure. I'm a sucker for a classically-rendered bulldog. Congrats on the acquisition!

dmcmtk

Preferred Member
Aug 23, 2013
From what I've seen of his work, Jesse Jones is a VERY talented pipe maker. :)

Country Squire Banner

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member
Dec 24, 2012
That looks fantastic. Love a good bulldog. I met Jesse in Chicago a few years back. Nice guy. Would love to have one of his pipes.

tfdickson

May 15, 2014
Great score! Wrap your head around this- 2014 (the year this pipe was made) counts as his early work, he’s that good. I have eight of Jesse’s pipes and in 20 years of collecting high grades his pipes are the only brand/mark that I’ve only bought and never sold. No carver today cuts a classic shape better as far as I’m concerned, and stemwork is up there with the very best as well.

georged

Preferred Member
Mar 7, 2013
Jesse is a modest Old School gentleman who doesn't do the self-promotion thing much. He just steadily turns out absolute killer work that speaks for itself, and knows that time is the best "agent" a carver can have.
Pipe makers come and go, in other words, but the greats---and the future greats---always play the long game.
I strongly recommend if you don't have one of Jesse's pipes that you get on it soon as possible. 8)

tschiraldi

Preferred Member
Dec 14, 2015
I almost bid on that pipe! It was just a smidge too small for me. Congrats! I'm glad it ended up with you. Jesse just finished my commission, my 5th JJ pipe. He is, IMO, the best carver on the planet, and a great guy to boot! The attention he pays to the internals is unreal. Enjoy!

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member
Feb 27, 2013
I have one of his pipes and I couldn't wait to try this 6 knuckle bamboo shank, blasted black Egg bowled Demi-Warden pipe with Juma stem made by Pipemaker Jesse Jones which is absolutely fantastic, so I packed it 10 y/o Esoterica Stonehaven and blissfully keeping it smokey.

banjo

dmcmtk

Preferred Member
Aug 23, 2013
Some other pipes folks might want to check out...
https://www.blueroombriars.com/collections/blue-room-briars
:)

ashdigger

Preferred Member
Jul 30, 2016
It was hard to pass up. 5 inches long is perfect for size.
It's my first Carver outside of my Ryan Alden stable of pipes. I can only hope it's as good as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Squire Banner