PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
On their site they refer to it as both...Lumberman on the main page and Canadian in the pipe detail. I don't even know what the difference is, if any.

And besides...what would you know about Canadians????
Here, be enlightened:

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Yes, several times now...and I love it...but I must say, I especially like the tenon configuration as on this Canadian...very open draw. Both of my other Altinays have this as well.
That Canadian was on my radar. You've got pretty good taste man. ;) I believe that tenon configuration is made for a filter, if a guy wants. I like an open draw too, so I guess I have an excuse to grab one someday to see. That's totally reasonable I'd say. Totally reasonable.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Here, be enlightened:
Ah, the old saddle stem technicality. I guess you gotta be a Canadian to keep that level of minutiae in mind. As soon as I forget, I'll start calling it a Canadian again.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That Canadian was on my radar. You've got pretty good taste man. ;) I believe that tenon configuration is made for a filter, if a guy wants. I like an open draw too, so I guess I have an excuse to grab one someday to see. That's totally reasonable I'd say. Totally reasonable.
Yes, a filter is likely the idea behind that type of design....but I find it smokes really well without one. Never used a filter, and don't plan to......but I think one of the Canadians on here is into them if I recall correctly....but he puffs like a locomotive.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I am so happy when Brian buys a pipe from out of my cart. This one is a beaut.
I actually resisted it for several days waiting for someone to buy it, but finally gave up.

I confess to being a little disappointed that Altinay seems to be switching to pipe pouches from hard cases. What’s the pouch like?
The new pouches and boxes are very nice...high quality. I don't really mind because I don't tend to use the cases much anyway, but they are certainly a traditional meer thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.