PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Pets are just the most faithful of companions. When it is time to take them to the vet for the last time it's heart breaking. If you haven't done this yet in your life buckle up because you will be hurting big time before, during and after they cross over the bridge.
^^^^^^Amen to this. Have done it too many times.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Crabby has attained the true love and adoration of her people. I hope she stays around for some time longer, but trust that she has the best in life and will remain with you after she has finished her life. She has worked her wonders on you, so when the time is right, she will send along another four-footed friend to make sure you remain under the supervision of another animal companion. These creatures know what they're doing, rest assured. They are innocent in one way, but knowing.
Thank you very much. Her real name is Abbey (after Abbey Rd) but being a tough as nails and headstrong terrier we lovingly call her crabby abbey. But she actually is sweet. I am most appreciative for all the kind words and support. My avatar is my late English Bulldog Clarence who passed at the height of the pandemic. We couldn't even go into the hospital with him. All of this is painful and traumatic. I do, however, remember every day the moms and dads who are by the bedside of their child. It is perspective...does not make it hurt less though...love arrives in many packages

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife's longtime cat Bella on Long Island rode down to N.C. in a carrier beside her when we got married and lived for some years until she was over 20 years old, with our other two Maine-Coon-like rescue cats. She was a little tuxedo cat. She finally passed on in my arms after a little announcement, and her trust is among the highest honors of my life. No human public recognition has ever come close.

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
That’s terrible news. It’s never easy to say goodbye, but take some small comfort in the fact that you gave her the best life she could’ve hoped for. The unconditional love of a pet is double edged. There are very few things that are better than saying hello to your faithful companion after coming home from a hard day. And there are even fewer things that hurt more than having to say goodbye to them. I added a photo of a little project I did with my old hound’s leash. It’s pretty easy to do & it’s something I can carry with me wherever I go. D7191484-8213-4DBF-B0E6-A04A5FBB5954.jpeg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
My much loved 11 year old Welsh Terrier known in our family as Crabby and, more often, baby has barely been sick a day in her life. Not feeling well for the last few days i called our vet to check her out. The vet had a cancellation so i left work and brought her in. To my immense grief my old girl has a large tumor in her stomach....i try very hard to keep life in perspective and i really do know that other people are suffering with things greater, but my goodness my heart is breaking. The outside and inside of a dog is good for the inside of a human but there is a profound price of admission....
I hope all goes well for you both & you still have time to share with each other.

I lost my Poppy (border collie) a few years ago and it was utterly heart wrenching. From diagnosis (spinal cancer) to euthanasia (it was untreatable) was something like 3 weeks but we packed in a hell of a lot of fun in those last few weeks.

The attachment twixt a man and his dog is like no other and no amount of emotional bandages can ease the pain of such a loss.

Regards,

Jay.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
So sorry to hear this. The wife left for an out of town visit to see one of our daughters and I'm settling in for a couple of days planned around just hanging out with the dogs. Just popped a 12 year old tin of Nording Hunter Retriever and having a bowl reflecting on your situation and all things good memories. I've had four incredible dogs in my life and two are still with me. The oldest will be 17 on St. Patrick's Day. Hope a pic or two conjures up some good feelings - all three of us send our best thoughts and prayers your way. Their expressions say it better than I ever could.

01F2A7BC-7A72-41EF-BB95-2E3CBD7BA8A7_1_201_a.jpeg6805D7AD-88AE-4445-BBE6-0FBDFFADDE63_1_201_a.jpeg