PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
Left my house at 7am, drove my Spitfire from Santa Monica, 10 miles up the coast to Malibu. Sat on top of a hill overlooking the ocean, 2 pipes and a tin of Troost Slices. Watching the day grow, enjoying the pipes. This was a great way to start out today.

wwtravlr1

Lurker
Apr 20, 2011
How nice that view is - been there a few time- what a great view to think about nothing! My day started at work but tonight I go to a Regional BSA scouting event - we are doing HAM radio for about 2000 scouts and leaders - lots of activity!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Lucky you. My MGB has been garage bound because it never stops raing here in Bethlehem, Pa. So I smoke my pipes sitting in the garage looking at my roadster and think about what could be.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wonderful way to spend the morning. Not familiar with Troost Slices...I'll have to look that up. :puffy:

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
Troost slices used to be available here in the US. The slices are like Navy Cut style. Since it is the tobacco I started with, it has a certain continuing appeal. I ordered some from tobacco from Netherlands the tin of slices is reasonably priced, but the shipping makes it very costly. I just had a friend visit from Germany and he got me 2 tins. It is WAY better than the Troost, Special Cav in the pouch. I wish we could gang up on a distributor and order a bunch of tins at a reasonable price....
I hope the rain clears up so the pipes can enjoy the MGB, 2000 scouts sounds a bit daunting, but fun.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I watched the sun rise here myself. Would have been better if I had been able to sleep first , but it was sun after endless gloomy days so I was happy. Stepped outside and a huge tom turkey took off from beside my shed. Living in the backwoods is good!

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
I think watching the sun rise is a bit better after some sleep, but maybe that's just me - or the turkey... I have some Troost Tins from back in the day -
TroostTins.jpg

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
wwtravlr1, great to see you working with BSA, wife and i worked with them a few years.

wife with cubs and me with scouts. the most we had together was 500, keep up the good work.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
Ok. Here is my collection. My wife and I are moving up into Idyllwild, a mile high in the forest and I have sold the 57 Morgan and the 67 GT6. Since I do my own maintenance and repair - I will have WAY less responsibility! The Morgan is truly cool, but very time consuming. I got the Spitfire in 1980, the GT6 in 1991 and the Morgan in 1999. It's hard to let go of these 2 really fun cars, but I also want to simplify my life!
Mogpdwoodley.png

Bday.jpg

racing at Willow Springs Raceway
willowspitfire.jpg

Article from Triumph Spitfire and GT6 Mag
SpitfireGT6article.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.