PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slrichman

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2017
Little Rock, AR
img_6012-591x600.jpg

This was dad's pipe-tobacco humidor. (He died in 1985.) My brother, who is sending it to me, says it still has tobacco in it. He smoked Captain Black, Granger, and Briggs, among other tobaccos.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
That’s wonderful, I would love to have my fathers humidor or pipe rack etc., it’s a visceral connection with the past. Congratulations.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My dad died in 2006 (I like to add, licensed to drive without glasses), and some months later my sister dug out of a kitchen cabinet his pipe stand and amber tobacco jar inherited from his dad, so this is a similar pipe smoking family heirloom. I remember it beside my paternal grandfather's chair in their sunny living room, and on our mantle at home when my dad inherited it. These are moving father-to-son legacies. My dad smoked nothing but Granger (with a few years off for King Edward cigars) for fifty years and then quit cold turkey to have a second career at a smoke free work place.

jamban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
mso489, i would love to see a photo or two of those heirlooms!

witchofthehollow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2018
That will be nice to have that keepsake. My father passed away and I got all his pipe things; he was the one who started me smoking a pipe when I was in my 30s. Treasures like that are so wonderful to have and to hold :)

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
What a great treasure. I hope you plan to use it and continue your heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.