PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I will be around a little until my new computer comes in. I really hate typing n my phone so I will be reading more than typing. My computer girl is busy so she won’t get to me till monday. This really sucks as trying to use my iphone is difficult .

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I recently had my Apple desktop operating system updated. I think it may give me a few more years. I was lucky to find a local tech contractor who would do this for a reasonable fee. By luck and by gosh is how I deal with the digital world. I'd lost most web sites and even email. Forums was about all I had left. I know I'm out of step, but I don't want to go around staring at a screen, so a desk top limits device activity to one place.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I just have had similar issues with my 6-year-old LapTop (screen started to show alarming'' signals but I managed to get another refurbished'HP for quite a reasonable price, You see , all my spending money flows in to pipes & tobacco and booze purchases yet I got to fule my gas guzzler ,so for the time being, there is not that much left to get a high-tech computers

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I touch type and don't like to hunt and peck either with index fingers or thumbs. That's just not how I express myself. In this age of phones and tablets as central devices, this puts me one more beat out of step. Maybe newer generations will find themselves stuck in their particular technology niches too, eventually. Viva les desk tops.

downsouth

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2019
You should get yourself a flip phone like I have, then using the keys become so frustrating that you give up altogether. Remember, we put a man on the moon with the power of a modern calculator (so I'm told), no need to have all that computer power in your pocket too, or it might blast off and blow away your genitals.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ok boys and girls I am back in business. I have a new 14" Dell Laptop that looks and feels exactly like the one I had. My computer girl ordered it an then put all the stuff from my old computer on to the new one. I honestly cannot tell the difference.
I felt naked all those days I was without my computer, it is stupid to feel that way but I did anyway,

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Seems like yesterday when you told us you got the old one. ;)

Just kidding ... I love to hear about a data migration go well. It's even easy to do with Windows, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.