PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Lovely knot work. Very Celtic!
Yeah, I like a bit of “bling” on the stems of my pipes, and most of my collection are Pete’s, so they have silver or nickel collars; so Frank put the scroll work where the mortise and tenon meet. And the scroll work on the rim is a nice contrast to the rustication below the bead line. I’m thrilled with end result.

Reactions: bullet08

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is pretty cool. If I am not mistaken the symbols on the top of the pipe are Celtic symbols. When my oldest daughter graduated college she asked me to to a father daughter tattoo in a Celtic symbol. She was astonished I said yes. It is a rather large tattoo on the inside of my fore arm where everyone can see it. Here is a pic f the tat the color is a bit different as the colors we got were like aqua type colors.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That carving really distinguishes the pipe, and the color stain and stem really work together. You definitely made commissioning a pipe worthwhile.

Reactions: Aomalley27

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
That carving really distinguishes the pipe, and the color stain and stem really work together. You definitely made commissioning a pipe worthwhile.
I can’t say enough good things about working with Frank on this commission. He’s a great guy, and keeps you in the loop throughout the process. And the price point was more than fair.
I’ve also a Mark Tinsky and a Rad Davis I did commissions with. All three were great experiences.
I’ll definitely commission with Frank again. Probably work towards a seven day set (I’ve already this pipe, and a poker I bought off someone else on another forum.... so two down, five to go?)

Reactions: Toast