PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
I started my pipe journey late last summer and have tried many, many different blends. I currently have 48 pint jars filled with many different blends from Virginia’s, VaPers, English blends to some Aromatics. And I have 20 various tins tucked away for aging as well as a decent chunk of Esoterica blends. At the time, I just wanted to try everything!

I guess I have started cellaring wide. Now I want to cellar deep for the future. I’ve finally had one tobacco that I want to get a few pounds of and that is LBF. Each bowl I’ve smoked I have really enjoyed and have been having multiple bowls of it a day. Generally, I have been trying different tobaccos multiple times a day but I think LBF May currently be my favorite - followed by several tins of Acadian Vaper I have tucked away. These are my top two out of everything I have tried.

I’m posting this to see if there are any recommendations I should try based on me enjoying LBF and Acadian Vaper. I want to focus this year on finding the blends I really want to have a good deep cellar of!

thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Reactions: Elric and Tommy Boy

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Since you like LBF, I would give LTF a try. You mentioned Esoterica. I believe Dunbar is the best VaPer and is worth poundage when you can get a hold of it. Rattray's Marlin Flake is another one that ages well and is a bit difficult to obtain.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'd suggest you start trying some good Va Flakes before you end up with a bunch of VaPers you won't want to smoke after you've smoked the premium stuff. I can also easily think of a dozen VaPers I like better than LBF. That doesn't mean you would. I definitely agree on SG SJF. There are 3 Former VaPers that are quite good. Watch City Rouxgaroux is fabulous if you can get it. Sav Doblone d'Oro. Escudo. Dunhill Dark Flake and Deluxe Navy Rolls. There's 9 without even scratching my head.

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
Thanks for all the suggestions, gentlemen. There’s a lot here I’ve never tried before and a few I have. Gonna place a sample order here this week

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I actually bought a 250g box of it this past week and only tried one bowl so far. I haven’t formed a opinion on it since the bowl I smoked needed a lot more drying time than I had given it.
If you smoke it fast and hot you'll lose most of the flavor.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Sutliff Match Victorian is a must if you are going for deep and cheap. As good as any other vaper and super cheap.

Other good vapers include Escudo, Peterson Navy Rolls, Peter Heinrich’s Curly Block, RO Firestorm, HH Acadian Perique, Dan Salty Dogs, Esoterica Dunbar, HU Louisiana Broken and Directors Cut, Rattray’s Marlin Flake, GL Pease Penny Farthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.