PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
happy birthday, that is a good looking pipe, may your pipe produce beautiful plums of smoke on your birthday.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
Damn it, man.
It's taken me this long to figure out that I like the way Savinellis smoke. I don't want to have to buy Nordings as well! You made me skip over to Smokingpipes.com and look at theirs and, wow! Nording makes some beauties.
Then all the other evil tempters start posting about "Nordings are great smokers, blah, blah, blah!" Well, bite me! I'm not gonna buy one, and y'all can't make me. I'm not gonna. Not.
But, I probably will...
Happy birthday anyway.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
And many happy returns. Nice way to attain another year. 'Just bought a small tin of Sunza', as yet unopened. If you get inspired, give us a few lines on how it smokes for you. It sure is pretty in the large size!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Happy birthday! Buying your own gifts is the best way to get what you really want !

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
Thanks again guys. I've been a fan of Erik Nording since the first Nording pipe I saw. After reading his history and interviews, I wanted one even more. Got a hold of this one for $49.99. For the fit, finish, and quality I had to order it.

Come to the N side robwoodall we have the most unique rustication on the market :p (some love it, some hate it) Though Savinelli is on my list of "gotta own one", been eyeing up the Tortugas lately.
I will definitely put up some notes on the sunzabitches once I become more acquainted with it. I've been puffing on it all day through a MM hardwood.No bite issue, but I've learned to be gentle with perique. As a PA broad-leaf fan, I love the pepper it adds to the mix.
It seems to keep bouncing back and forth with the perique to the burley taking lead. The Virginia stays throughout though along with the subtle whiskey(which smells stronger than it translates into smoke, JD or Ezra Brooks maybe!?!).
The perique hits full force on light, but quickly takes its place with the others. I'll go more in depth as I work my way through the can. As they say YMMV.

May 4, 2015
Great score!
I met Mr. Nording at our Tinder Box 2 years back. He's a very pleasant and fascinating guy. I'd be happy to spend some time with him again.

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
The wife added these to the birthday.

All original, seals are still in place and supple, and original glass jars in perfect shape. Both aztec disks are in place and whole as well.

One happy piper right here.

May 4, 2015
This thread inspired me to pick up some Frenchy's from the B&M Friday, which is where I cracked it and smoked it.
So tasty and it didn't bite at me at ALL. It was a bugger to keep lit, though, so I'll be giving it more dry time on future goes.

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
Thanks 'Lifesize'. Now by my count, I have 7 slots to fill.
Tom, I noticed the first smoke was a bit wet myself. I left the can open for about an hour, almost perfect now. The only bite I got was the first retro... that was all on me though....

Status
Not open for further replies.