PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

atboth

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2012
You've just inspired me to load up one of my old Kaywoodies right! now!

[dot, dot, dot.]

Flake medallions, fully rubbed. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Greg - Happy bithday and I'd say you did a great job with that pipe.
I used EJames trick yesterday, but just substituted some cigar ash that I collect when I'm at my local shop. This Comoy's stem has a big hole in it, just below the button. I forgot to take a before picture.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thank you Al. That turned out rather well! I'd never have thought if cigar ash either. Very creative fixes you guys are coming up with I must say.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Wonderful stuff there Greg! I love these Kays, a shape I've yet to acquire. Happy belated birthday!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow. This will put a whole new twist when my wife spots one of those antique shops in the country

where she has to prowl around and shop. She'll be shocked at how ready I am to go antiquing. May

I ask how much the pipe was? I'd expect to pay three or four bucks for the "before" pipe, but it

depends on how alert to their appeal the antique sellers have become. Do I hear ten? Do I hear

twelve?

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thank you for the kind works. I paid the princely sum of $8 this one; one very similar to this one, unrestored and in rough shape, just recently went for about $30 on the Bay so I feel real good about my purchase! As for selling it, one never knows but I don't have any plans to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.