Status
Not open for further replies.

a3zname

Lurker
Nov 12, 2019
Israel
Hey!
Just received this pipe from SP EU, and i wanted to share a feeling,
When i saw this pipe, my initial reaction was that this one is a fruit of a twisted mind.
UGLY.
The more i looked at it, it just talked to me. This Castello old antiquary has the balance of both beautiful blast where you grab the pipe - where it matters, and packed with birdseye when you can look at it while you hold it.

It is pretty lightweight for that bend, and clenching is fairly easy. also a sturdy sitter.
Smokes superbly!

Anyone else had this kind of feeling? or this shape?

20200509_151456.jpg
20200509_151416.jpg20200509_151441.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Your Tarok Briar looks ominous, organic in an unknown form. I also like how the designed lines descent into the stem so that it looks all of a piece.

Reactions: gamzultovah

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Looks like a good stolid sitter to me, good deep bowl and some really nice finish all around.

Reactions: bnichols23

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
If you called that a partially sandblasted cherrywood, you'd be correct. But, of course, that wouldn't tell the whole story.

If the people at Castello didn't have the liberty to explore the envelope of pipe shape, we wouldn't have the Hawkbill, 55, 223, 10, Bent Dublin, or any of the myriad variations of the bent bulldog.

Leave those guys alone. Buy it, or don't buy it, but don't offer an opinion of the pipe's aesthetics unless someone forces you.

Status
Not open for further replies.