PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Oh thats awesome! The Mandalas are really nice! All is great but I really like the colorful Mandalas
Thanks! They are my favorites too. The acrylic stuff is just from Bob Ross dinner parties (we’re too cheap to buy oil ?)

I do all the mandalas freehand too (except the first inner circle) so trying to maintain the symmetry is very meditative

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Thanks! They are my favorites too. The acrylic stuff is just from Bob Ross dinner parties (we’re too cheap to buy oil ?)

I do all the mandalas freehand too (except the first inner circle) so trying to maintain the symmetry is very meditative
Yeah oil paint is expensive and takes forever to dry.

Damn, freehand? I don't have the patience for that. lol

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Oil sucks, anyways. The wife and I started trying to paint some after @alaskanpiper told us about Bob Ross dinner parties. I think if we can get a handle on how thick the oil is supposed to be to manipulate it where you can add a color on top of another color without them blending, we might improve a bit...

The stuff on here is incredible. You guys are really gifted.

Best I’ve been able to do, so far. That mountain is where I had a ton of trouble trying to get the oil to lay on top of each other vs. blend. Well, there and those white stripes in the water. Yes, it’s supposed to be water!

DEC3C8DB-499C-49C4-B0F8-3101C283AA84.jpeg

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Oil sucks, anyways. The wife and I started trying to paint some after @alaskanpiper told us about Bob Ross dinner parties. I think if we can get a handle on how thick the oil is supposed to be to manipulate it where you can add a color on top of another color without them blending, we might improve a bit...

The stuff on here is incredible. You guys are really gifted.

Best I’ve been able to do, so far. That mountain is where I had a ton of trouble trying to get the oil to lay on top of each other vs. blend. Well, there and those white stripes in the water. Yes, it’s supposed to be water!

View attachment 68010
That looks great man!

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.