Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 1, 2021
Tulsa, Oklahoma
E8E53EF6-69EC-4651-9F7F-0570314C79D6.jpeg2DA58055-C371-4B94-8E53-B5DE55E65B27.jpeg1E7DD956-D868-4E00-B355-F3F58F05ABD8.jpeg

UNO review:
Greeted with a dense crumble cake slice, synonymous with Watch city pressed slices. Tin note is reminiscent of McClelland’s Ketchup smell mixed with raisins and a hint of latakia smokiness. Rubbed out flakes and dried for 15 minutes as they seemed slightly moist.
First off, there’s a lot going on. This really is a kitchen sink blend but well balanced. The smokiness of the latakia and dark fired kentucky adds depth and body but do not overtake the other components. The virginias in here are tasty, offering a semi-sweet and bready note. I can taste some spice in the retrohale, which I assume is from the St James Perique, or maybe it’s from the Katerini perique, or maybe its from both??? I am also getting a burley-like nuttiness, a slight bitterness, and a tea-like note.
Man, there’s so much going on in here. It’s truly a complex blend with lots of transitions. I could not pick apart all the individual components. Heck, I still don’t even know how to describe the Katerini perique. This a unique blend that I can see being even more amazing with some age. If you want to have fun, smoke this blend. 5/5 rating from me.
Smoked out of Ropp Etudiant J05 and Ropp Splendid Canadian.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
View attachment 145470View attachment 145471View attachment 145472

UNO review:
Greeted with a dense crumble cake slice, synonymous with Watch city pressed slices. Tin note is reminiscent of McClelland’s Ketchup smell mixed with raisins and a hint of latakia smokiness. Rubbed out flakes and dried for 15 minutes as they seemed slightly moist.
First off, there’s a lot going on. This really is a kitchen sink blend but well balanced. The smokiness of the latakia and dark fired kentucky adds depth and body but do not overtake the other components. The virginias in here are tasty, offering a semi-sweet and bready note. I can taste some spice in the retrohale, which I assume is from the St James Perique, or maybe it’s from the Katerini perique, or maybe its from both??? I am also getting a burley-like nuttiness, a slight bitterness, and a tea-like note.
Man, there’s so much going on in here. It’s truly a complex blend with lots of transitions. I could not pick apart all the individual components. Heck, I still don’t even know how to describe the Katerini perique. This a unique blend that I can see being even more amazing with some age. If you want to have fun, smoke this blend. 5/5 rating from me.
I'm diggs the pipe furniture in your photo ??

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Nice review! I didn’t get any but I always like looking at quality pictures of tobacco! I’m sure I’d like Uno but I just don’t need anymore pipe tobacco. Is this a series of limited blends they are going to release? Next one being Dos, then Tres, etc etc.
6 releases, one every two months. uno was the first the others are not named numerically. For more information on the blends including release dates, components, and pictures, see Search results for Birds of a feather - https://www.cigarmerchant.com/search/Birds+of+a+feather/

Last edited:

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
View attachment 145470View attachment 145471View attachment 145472

UNO review:
Thanks sounds like I'll love it. I'm letting mine sit for awhile as I only grabbed one tin and too many others are in front of this one's eventual trial. I may change my mind based upon your comments though.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX