PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
So I decided I need more BJ Long Tapered Bristle and tapered pipe cleaners along with some Obidisian. I was probably down to 20 packs. I go to smokingopes where I normally get the, cleaners and the stem oil. They were out of stock of bristle tapered cleaners which is a sign of the times.

I go to my back up source 4noggins and I order 35 packs of the bristle cleaners and for some strange reason I bought another 16 bottles of Obidisian. It never goes bad so I will probably have enough to last my lifetime.

When I see the writing on the wall, I don't wait to stock up while every one else is also chasing the same thing, driving up prices. I do believe I may never need to buy anymore BJ Long pipe cleaners and I would be shocked if I ever need any more Oobidisian.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Thought you just bought 10,000 a couple of weeks ago and didn't want anyone to know until you ordered to make sure you cornered the market (or satisfied all your future needs)?

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
So I decided I need more BJ Long Tapered Bristle and tapered pipe cleaners along with some Obidisian. I was probably down to 20 packs. I go to smokingopes where I normally get the, cleaners and the stem oil. They were out of stock of bristle tapered cleaners which is a sign of the times.

I go to my back up source 4noggins and I order 35 packs of the bristle cleaners and for some strange reason I bought another 16 bottles of Obidisian. It never goes bad so I will probably have enough to last my lifetime.

When I see the writing on the wall, I don't wait to stock up while every one else is also chasing the same thing, driving up prices. I do believe I may never need to buy anymore BJ Long pipe cleaners and I would be shocked if I ever need any more Oobidisian.
I started stocking BJ Long Pipe Cleaners and Obsidian Oil two years ago. I have thousands of pipe cleaners now and plenty of oil (I also stocked up on Dunhill pipe rags before they were discontinued). One of the smartest things I have done. I tell people all the time to stock up on pipe cleaners, very few people listen.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Obviously the next thing to do after securing a lifetime of tobacco is to ensure you can enjoy your pipes and tobacco. I rarely do a deep clean of my pipes, I'll say it's for the sake of frugality and not laziness, but I usually use 1 pipe cleaner per bowl I smoke. Plus however many I end up needing when I do get around to a deep clean. I would guestimate that I don't have 1/10th as many pipe cleaners as I need for the amount of tobacco in my cellar. First TAD, than PAD, now I've got to fight off pipe cleaner acquisition as well?