PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Here’s my 4th pipe I’ve made. If this isn’t the right area, please let me know.

I used a Dremel, Files and Sandpaper as with the previous ones. This was my first try at rusticating (Dremel) I went chunky.

This time though I was testing out a sanding disc I bought but haven’t used. I nearly destroyed the shank and stem in ten seconds. That was the end of that for now. At that point I almost threw the pipe away but tossed it in my pipe cabinet instead. Later I had an idea about a knife sharpening system I have with a 1” x 18” belt attachment. So, I used that to fix it and reduced the stem and shank width. So ... saved it.

Anyway... loving making these. I actually like #2 and #3 better. Can post those if anyone curious.

I plan to get a lathe and equipment but after a big move to a larger property where I’ll have the space. Can’t wait For that. No room here for big equipment.

Almost done already with next pipe.C5486EFA-3AAB-436B-B7B3-8D89A7AF322D.jpeg2974455C-A367-47FC-8109-3186429D8718.jpeg0B409DFD-A43B-4D78-90B9-C5B38FE0DAA8.jpeg

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Here’s my 4th pipe I’ve made. If this isn’t the right area, please let me know.

I used a Dremel, Files and Sandpaper as with the previous ones. This was my first try at rusticating (Dremel) I went chunky.

This time though I was testing out a sanding disc I bought but haven’t used. I nearly destroyed the shank and stem in ten seconds. That was the end of that for now. At that point I almost threw the pipe away but tossed it in my pipe cabinet instead. Later I had an idea about a knife sharpening system I have with a 1” x 18” belt attachment. So, I used that to fix it and reduced the stem and shank width. So ... saved it.

Anyway... loving making these. I actually like #2 and #3 better. Can post those if anyone curious.

I plan to get a lathe and equipment but after a big move to a larger property where I’ll have the space. Can’t wait For that. No room here for big equipment.

Almost done already with next pipe.View attachment 54185View attachment 54186View attachment 54187
I love pokers- are you open to commissioned pipes?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's my kind of briar, broad bit, attentive rustication, not too long but plenty of bowl. Way to go. And it's a sitter! What's not to like?

Reactions: Peter - CCB
Status
Not open for further replies.