PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
So here I am, 2000 posts along the way. Right now I'm smoking Edgeworth Match, a modern-day rendition of the very first tobacco I ever smoked, the original Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, in a corncob pipe no less, the very rare purple cob from Old Dominion Cobs--truly a treat all the way around. And here's what's happened along the way to racking up 2000 posts,: first of all, I've made some good friends, some just on the forum, and others on the phone – – you've all been great, because you've made my pipe smoking journey a bit happier by enriching my store of knowledge, and often just by your comforting words. I hope I've been able to do a bit of the same for you. Many of you on this forum have given me a chuckle, have broadened the depth and breath of my knowledge of pipes and tobaccos, and have hopefully gleaned bit of information from me, garnered from my 55 years of experience in the field of pipe smoking. I've gone to pipe shows gosh – heck – – whoever knew that such things existed? And as SWMBO says, after 36 years she sees me enjoying my pipes far more than I ever did when we were first married, and a lot of that is due to you. So here's to the next 2000, shared with 10,000 of my best friends on this forum. Happy puffing to all of you!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Congrats Eric! Nice to see the pace you set for yourself over the years with your posts, you're in the Goldilocks zone. Not too many, not too few. Some of us have a lot of time to spend here, and others catch it as they can out of their busy lives, so everyones milage will vary. But like you say it's not only what you contribute to the forums, but what you receive in return. Your thoughts are well said and I hope to see you here for the next 2000 posts too! :clap:

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I, for one, have definitely gleaned knowledge from your experience Eric. I always enjoy your posts and look forward to the next 2000!
Brian

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Eric, I look forward to your insightful comments and feedback. Thanks for being here, and for sharing your thoughts with all of us miscreants.
-- Pat

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Congratulations on your milestone, Eric. I agree that this forum had broadened many of us and created friendships that would not have happened without it. I always enjoy reading your thoughtful comments and wish you many more.

Happy Smoke Rings.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Congrats on 2000. I, as an English scholar, especially appreciate well written, and even lengthy posts. Keep on truckin'!

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
you've all been great, because you've made my pipe smoking journey a bit happier by enriching my store of knowledge, and often just by your comforting words. I hope I've been able to do a bit of the same for you.
ravkesef this statement says it all. I am still very new around here but this is the example you and so many of our other PM All-Stars set and I aspire to. Thank you for your contributions both past and present. I dig extensively into older threads and your name comes up very often. Thanks for your years of dedication and knowledge.
You all are simply a bunch of blabbermouths. Why can't you just be a nice, quiet fellow like me

Pipestud for President, or at least Chancellor.
There are some members here that I read without fail. You sir, are one of them.

Warren, this is one of the truly highest compliments that can be given on the forum. Very nice way to put it

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Your posts are among my favorites, Eric. It also doesn't hurt that we seem to have similar tastes in tobacco, as well as sharing the same first name. :clap:

gunslinger

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2014
Enjoy your posts. You have a wealth of knowledge and I hope you will continue sharing it with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.