PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2017
I have heard a lot of good things about Ardor pipes, and I quite suddenly caved.. Are there any Ardor people out there to encourage my actions?

jiminks

Preferred Member
Aug 31, 2012
I own nine of them, and all are incredible smokers. You can't go wrong with an Ardor.

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2017
I was going to post something but didn't know if using their photos was ok.. I went with the crazy blue stem..

jiminks

Preferred Member
Aug 31, 2012
Bluegrasspipe: glad I was of help. And that pipe is a beauty. I know you'll enjoy it the rest of your life. Congrats to you, man!

bluegrassbrian

Preferred Member
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
A Giant Fantasy series bent apple was my first "expensive" pipe. It was beautiful and quite a nice smoker but the chamber was WAY too big for me.

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2017
The B&M by my house had a Ardor giant fantasy apple, it was cool but very large (surprisingly light). This one is close to 2.5 oz and should be a nice size/balance. I was hoping for a good evening sitter.

kodos44

Aug 29, 2012
Looks amazing! Love that blue stem as well. I too have been eyeing an Ardor, please let us know what you think when that PAD gets fulfilled :)

fitzy

Preferred Member
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Awesome pipe. Congrats.
I've been eyeing them for a while. I see a couple that meet my weight criteria of 1.5oz or less on SP that I've been eyeing but I've been waiting to get closer to my birthday so I have an excuse. ha ha
I also have been looking at Amorelli's on Al Pascia for a while. I've heard good things of them as well.

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bluegrass, I have 2 Ardors, one of which is the exact same shape as yours, but with a cream-colored stem. They're both wonderful pipes, and I'm confident that yours will provide a lifetime of enjoyment.

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2017
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I love the look of it, but pulling the trigger took a lot of thought and comparing. Then suddenly, in a moment of clarity, I thought life is too short it's time!! :puffy:

Kodos, I will update this thread when I receive it.

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2017

I smoked my first 1/2 bowl of esoterica dunbar last night, and even though I dried it over an hour, it unfortunately needed numerous match relights. I should have gone with a better burner, like Elizabethan. What a great pipe though, I can't wait to get it broke in completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.