PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
IMDb pro accounts are still extremely useful. As long as various contact information is kept up to date, it’s often a first stop for me and my needs.
I've thought about taking out a Pro account so that I can fix the errors they've made with my credits. It used to be that I could email them, or actually speak with a person, but now you need pro to get errors fixed. Otherwise I don't see much benefit as I'm heading for the finish line with my career, maybe at the end of 2023.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Just when it couldn’t possibly get worse for Twitter:

—-
Jan. 4, 2022 Washington Post

Records of 235 million Twitter accounts and the email addresses used to register them have been posted to an online hacking forum, setting the stage for anonymous handles to be linked to real-world identities.

That poses threats of exposure, arrest or violence against people who used Twitter to criticize governments or powerful individuals, and it could open up others to extortion, security experts said. Hackers could also use the email addresses to attempt to reset passwords and take control of accounts, especially those not protected by two-factor authentication.

“This database is going to be used by hackers, political hacktivists and of course governments to harm our privacy even further,” said Alon Gal, co-founder of the Israeli security company Hudson Rock, who spotted the posting on a popular underground marketplace.

The records were probably compiled in late 2021, using a flaw in Twitter’s system that allowed outsiders who already had an email address or phone number to find any account that had shared that information with Twitter. Those lookups could be automated to check an unlimited list of emails or phone numbers.
—-

It will be a long time before another social media company trades for megabucks, a long, long time for sure.
There's not a single large company that hasn't been hacked, often repeatedly, including several companies that supply security software to a variety of industries as well as governmental entities. Everyone's Social Security numbers have been published on the Dark Web a few times.
About 10 years ago there was a release of a huge amount of emails from Sony Pictures, that featured very, very, very unflattering criticisms of top execs by other top execs and so on, which was pretty hilarious if you weren't affected. There's no security for anyone connected to the internet and every company that tells you that their site is safe is lying through their teeth.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I've thought about taking out a Pro account so that I can fix the errors they've made with my credits. It used to be that I could email them, or actually speak with a person, but now you need pro to get errors fixed. Otherwise I don't see much benefit as I'm heading for the finish line with my career, maybe at the end of 2023.
Admittedly mine is free through industry and I use it to find contact information vs. as an individual possibly being contacted. For that need, it's been fairly accurate with the occasional outdated agent/manager/etc.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Admittedly mine is free through industry and I use it to find contact information vs. as an individual possibly being contacted. For that need, it's been fairly accurate with the occasional outdated agent/manager/etc.
Makes sense. I'm on the artists side, so we're gypsies. They've credited me with a couple of films that I swear I didn't work on and have missed several films that I'm credited with working on.

It's not that important in the scheme of things as I doubt anyone will miss me after I've bowed out. Gotta say, I've witnessed a lot of change over the past 44 years and helped pioneer some technological advancements, which was exciting and sometimes risky.

namert

Lurker
Jan 26, 2023
Twitter becomes weird when Musk becomes its owner. Nowadays I prefer to use Whatsapp against Twitter as social media. Social media accounts offer a few forms of security and privacy settings to help users two-factor authenticate their accounts and secure who can see information to tighten social media safety measures. I also follow last trends in ethical hacking and found how to hack into whatsapp without their phone here