PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
The tobacconist in downtown Omaha sells mostly cigars. I don't think they sell much in the way of pipe tobacco so the tins sit there and collect dust. I'm sure most of the tins have some years on them. I bought two tins of Mac Baren Golden Extra that were 6 years old from there the other day. I don't usually buy pipe tobacco there because the prices are too high, but was in the area so I figured I'd support them a bit. I literally had to wipe dust off of the tins. Great find on those Murray tins. I wish my local tobacconist had some of those.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I love how you were so excited to post this you hadn’t even taken your safety belt off. Enjoy!

It's true. We have a PipesMagazine group chat on Instagram and I couldn't wait to tell the group.

Wow... is this B&M in So Cal? I can't seem to find a good one for nothing these days.

Yes sir. Try Tinder Box at the South Coast Plaza (Orange County), Tobacco Barn OC, and Tobacco Trader LA.

Most of the B&M’s where I live are glass or cigars... and not much history. The old school pipe and tobacco shops, of which there were several within a few miles of my house, are long gone, with exception of Rich Lewis.

I am fortunate to have a few good ones here.

But did you pay 2005 prices for it?
great find

I wish! Being in California we have high sales taxes on tobacco, so I paid $20 a tin, which isn't bad at all considering they are Murray's.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.