PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

k o h l e w

Lurker
Feb 11, 2022
. . . always mobile
Might do a car trippish down to Tennessee.
South of New England, what spots of interest do yins suggest on the way?
Are there quaint / historic inns in the Columbia, Tennessee area to take lodging?

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Bardstown, KY is the home of Bourbon. Of course Nashville is always high on the tourist circuit. Franklin, TN is a small historic town approximately half way between Nashville and Columbia with incredible Civil War historical sites. Columbia has a great and up and coming downtown. Tullahoma has George Dickel and Lynchburg has Jack Daniels both a short drive from either Columbia or Franklin.

k o h l e w

Lurker
Feb 11, 2022
. . . always mobile
Bardstown, KY is the home of Bourbon. Of course Nashville is always high on the tourist circuit. Franklin, TN is a small historic town approximately half way between Nashville and Columbia with incredible Civil War historical sites. Columbia has a great and up and coming downtown. Tullahoma has George Dickel and Lynchburg has Jack Daniels both a short drive from either Columbia or Franklin.
Hallelujah bourbon!

Nashville seems to have become an overpriced, cash extraction machine. Even business owners I talk with are weary of the conspicuous consumption there. If I had a sugarlady . . . perhaps.

Franklin —I dig historic. Columbia sounds promising. I’m more of an Elijah Craig drinker. Bardstown, Kentucky. One place I’ve really enjoyed is The Caverns. Gorgeous rural country, too. THANKS for the leads. I’ll see if i go. Considering doing a three-week vow of silence this month.