Muddy Waters Pipe Club (Winnipeg, Canada)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Hello fellow pipers! The Muddy Waters Pipe Club has been started up. While not the founding member of the club, he has ask that the word be spread to all Winnipeg pipers, or any who will pass through our fine city. The club is in it's infancy with 4 current members, and a meetup in the works shortly. Hopefully it will be the beginnings of a long tradition.
Thanks,

Chris.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Ah, sad to say I no longer live in Winnipeg. But I have memories of walking over the Salter Street bridge and crossing at Portage and Main in mid-winter.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Cool, in the spring or summer I'll have to come down, I have acquired quite a bit of tobacco in the last year and have lots to share. Are you guys meeting at the forks or is it just called muddy waters?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Ah, sad to say I no longer live in Winnipeg. But I have memories of walking over the Salter Street bridge and crossing at Portage and Main in mid-winter.
It ain't what it used to be, Portage and Main has been closed to pedestrian traffic for something like 40 years and you'd probably get stabbed walking over the salter street bridge, we aren't murder capital of Canada 10 years in a row or something for nothing.

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
Wasn't aware that Muddy Waters ever smoked a pipe--glad to hear he's spreading the word. I thought he died in '83, but maybe the old Hootchie Kootchie Man disappeared to Canada when he found out that they had named a pipe club after him. The legend lives on. "Sail on, sail on, my little Honey Bee."

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Good luck folks, nothing better than a good pipe club to hang out with fellow like minded individuals. I hope it turns out great for you. We've built our little club into about 12 regular members over the last year, here's hoping for the same and even better success for the Muddy Waters club.
Brian

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
@Andrew - Awesome. I'll post any updates on a meetup here as well. The details of a meetup haven't been determined, but probably will wait until it's warm enough to enjoy a pipe outdoors! :)
@bluesmoke - The name Winnipeg is a transcription of the western Cree word wi-nipe-k meaning "muddy waters"; two big slow prairie rivers flow through the city and due to the amount of soil they carry and mud brown.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Annnnnnnnnd, I'm an idiot. Here is the club page. :)
https://ca.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/muddywaterspipeclub/info

Status
Not open for further replies.