PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
As a beginner to pipe smoking, I have been scouring the forum for any help that will make this enjoyable. Thank you to all of you the sound advice either direct or in the threads. Some of the best advice being to make sure the tobacco is completely dried out. This made for very successful smoke of some Dunhill 965 in my MM Patriot. What a great hour listening to some bluegrass and ultimately watching some World Cup. The 965 seemed to have a nice sweet nuttiness to it with a bit of bite (possibly my fault). After having smoked some aros which were probably on the wet side, I think this blend help me understand what pipe smoking is all about.
So again, thank you!

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine

I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines

Come to daddy on an inside straight

Well I got no chance of losing this time

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
@smittyd Are you in the club too? Nothing like some Good Ol' Grateful Dead.

mnewb1

Might Stick Around
May 9, 2018
well I got no chance of losing this time....
I could arm a town the size of Abilene

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Bouwser, yes I have been to about 20 shows 10 of which were with Jerry, the rest were with Bob And Phil. I have been very fortunate

mnewb1

Might Stick Around
May 9, 2018
Yes for me as well...actually I appear for a few seconds in their Ticket to News Years video from New Years Eve 1987...they come back after midnight with Hell in a Bucket and during the second solo there are some crowd shots and as some balloons clear in one of the shots I am there dancin on the floor in the glory of my youth
Hell in a Bucket
@ 3:45 long hair, not the mustache guy with the girl

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
Awesome new friends! I unfortunately was a bit young when Jerry was still going. I started listening to them in July of '95 at 13 years old. Two weeks later, well we all know what happened. Stuck with it and have seen many/most incarnations of the band/tours (first concert was Further Fest '96 with Ratdog, Bruce Hornsby, Los Lobos, Hot Tuna).
Last month, I saw a pretty rocking cover band called Joe Russo's Almost Dead. Tons of energy from those guys and Tom Hamilton is one of my favorite guitarists.
Music tends to be my biggest addiction and takes up a lot of my free time either going to concerts, listening to music, collecting records etc. Some of the concerts have slowed down since the addition of my 3 yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.