PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
???

Why/how is she Mrs. Pipesmagazine.com? Additionally why are we interested in Florida real estate?

Honestly curious here.

Aug 1, 2012
Lori is Kevin's significant other.

It's part of the PM Radio Show Bonus Material that Kevin has been doing during the quarantine.

Some of them don't have much to do about pipes and tobacco, just content to keep people stuck at home entertained.
Makes sense, thanks. Just a confused individual here.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My great grandfather went west in the 1860's to the wilds of Illinois to run a real estate business for backers, land in the north shore suburbs of Chicago on the commuter line. He was the town's first mayor in his twenties and again in late middle age. His great grandson, my cousin not me, made a substantial living selling high end condominiums as vacation and retirement homes in and around Fort Myers, Florida. My dad spent his adult life managing the family's residual holdings for his mom and later his siblings, while pursuing another career. The family still has an ersatz claim to street ends that hang out on ravines above the beach, but I think these have gotten away from us, after many years of probing the legal angles. Ah, real estate! I love the signs in magic market, "We buy houses for cash."

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
A bungalow in Florida is the final destination for all codgers...

View attachment 34504
Cheap real estate, minimal housing regulations, warm winters/4 season gardening, backyard gator canals, sounds like paradise to me. I would have moved there already except for all the absolutely insane "Florida Man" crime reports daily lmao. For now I'll stick with the -40° winters and complete lack of venomous insects/spiders/snakes.

Reactions: jaytex1969
Status
Not open for further replies.