PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. episode The Never-Never Affair, guest-stars: Barbara Feldon, as UNCLE agent Mandy Stevenson; and Ceasar Romero, as the head the French branch of the evil enemy-spy organization: THRUSH. The plot revolves around the mix-up of Mr. Waverly's "very old and irreplaceable" pipe tobacco humidor - when he sends out an UNCLE courier to take the humidor to his tobacconist to refill his favorite mixture - Isle of Dogs #22 - while also intending for a proper UNCLE agent to deliver some micro-film, which the enemy THRUSH agents are after.
While no pipe smoking occurs on screen, the pipe tobacco humidor stars as the "McGuffin" of this very entertaining UNCLE episode. Watch: Se01EP25: The Never-Never Affair

never_never_affair-600x294.jpg
Enjoy! - Sherm Natman

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That was great! I hadn't seen that show for 45 years. I don't recall that episode. I had a bunch of Man From Uncle toys, including the luger that I believe folded up to look like a camera. Wish I still had it!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OH, my! Leo G Carroll! We (parents and me) loved watching him in Topper. And here he is with the lovely "Marion Kerby" (Anne Jeffries).
U.N.C.L.E was for us kids, and never missed one if I could help it. Thanks for the memories!
MV5BMzk3ZjJlYTEtYmZlYi00ZjNiLWE2NzQtMmY0ZjY2MGI4ZGJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Interestingly, 'Isle of Dogs' is an area on the east side of London. It isn't really an island, but is bounded on three sides by the River Thames which meanders a bit there. The name is probably a corruption of Isle of Ducks (it used to be marshland where waterfowl lived.)
Mike

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Was the lead characters name Ilyia?
Watching the episode, it appears Ilya Kuryakin is the co-star/sidekick. The blonde gentleman shown next to the main character in the first post. He's played by David McCallum.
Lead character is Napolean Solo played by Robert Vaughn.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
There is a nice moment in one of the earlier episodes of NCIS where one of the characters asks Gibbs what Ducky (played by David McCallum) looked like when he was young. Gibbs replies 'He looked just like Ilya Kuryakin' :D

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
If memory serves (which, in my case, is debatable), didn't Mr. Carroll also have a great pipe scene in "North By Northwest"?

Status
Not open for further replies.