PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Just curious if anyone else has experienced significant delays w/ their orders...
Their website states orders may take b/w 4-8 weeks to arrive due to lack of transport options.

I placed my order about a month ago and no word yet.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I will never use that vendor again. Had a package fail to show up and his assistant, Emma, ignored several emails from me until I mentioned this experience on a snuff forum. Once Mr. Snuff read it, apologized and asked me to email one last time all of a sudden, I got an email back (with previous emails quoted, so I know they had seen them).

Roderick and Rosinski for all future snuff purchases for me. Roderick doesn't have his inventory up to where Mr. Snuff is, but shipping is much cheaper, the snuff is fresh (not always so with Mr Snuff), and the customer service is top notch. YMMV

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
To OP, I had a Rosinski order take 3 months, while Roderick orders take a week or 2. Also, be aware that the USPS has taken a liberal reading of the PACT Act and has been seizing and returning snuff orders to the sender. It is forbidden to mail smokeless tobacco interstate, but supposedly we should be allowed to receive orders from international vendors as they are regulated by international treaties, not federal acts. But try finding a USPS employee who gives a crap about that.

Reactions: Razorback

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
To OP, I had a Rosinski order take 3 months, while Roderick orders take a week or 2. Also, be aware that the USPS has taken a liberal reading of the PACT Act and has been seizing and returning snuff orders to the sender. It is forbidden to mail smokeless tobacco interstate, but supposedly we should be allowed to receive orders from international vendors as they are regulated by international treaties, not federal acts. But try finding a USPS employee who gives a crap about that.
never had any issues with that. Might have more to do with your local post office.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
It’s been over a year since my last order but I’ve never had a problem with Mr. Snuff. Fingers crossed.

Getting anything good?

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I had one go last year, 1st half of the pandemic, for 13 weeks. Had given up on it and then magically, it appeared. Another took 9 weeks. I just look at it as a surprise when it finally arrives. Toque orders arrive, for whatever reason, much more quickly. And since they carry most of what MrSnuff carries..they are getting more of my business.

Reactions: pantsBoots

chefmike

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
I just ordered from Mr Snuff and had no issues. I had made snuff from Pete Stokebye Amsterdam, but thought I would try some packaged snuff. Fascinating. I got a bunch of different ones... the photo 6 mix (which I have enjoyed, the lakeland of snuffs?) McCrystal, Gawith original all super good. I dont like the Gawith coffee. I havent gotten used to the irish toast (smells like a hamster cage and makes me sneeze). Love me some TAXI blue... the flavor/taste is very appealing to me and it hits nicely! Snuff keeps me off the copenhagen as it gets hot and I work longer hours at work. Pipe is less appealing in the heat, I am often commuting on my bike, and work... sometimes you need a little lift!

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
never had any issues with that. Might have more to do with your local post office.
The local delivers all the rest of my orders. I've seen this with overseas cigar orders over the years. Sometimes, for seemingly no reason at all, some vendors will have more packages recalled than other vendors by a wide margin. Who knows? The lack of communication when there was a problem was my main concern.

Last edited:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The local delivers all the rest of my ordees. I've seen this with overseas cigar orders over the years. Sometimes, for seemingly no reason at all, some vendors will have more packages recalled than other vendors by a wide margin. Who knows? The lack of communication when there was a problem was my main concern.
I have never had an issue with that. The one time I had an issue it was handled with haste. Sucks to have bad service. Especially when every single place I've ordered from before has been great when issues arise, so I know it's possible.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I have never had an issue with that. The one time I had an issue it was handled with haste. Sucks to have bad service. Especially when every single place I've ordered from before has been great when issues arise, so I know it's possible.
Truth be told, I think I'll be buying Rosinski refills for as long as I can. They're very, very nice.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Yeah I'm just gonna be patient. I forgot what I ordered now....lots of Gawith Apricot, a new favorite, as well as soem new ones to try. I also don't have the luxury to sit or drive and smoke my pipe in peace, so the little bumps along the way are ideal.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Yeah I'm just gonna be patient. I forgot what I ordered now....lots of Gawith Apricot, a new favorite, as well as soem new ones to try. I also don't have the luxury to sit or drive and smoke my pipe in peace, so the little bumps along the way are ideal.
The little bumps are capital at getting through a sluggish day (or after a big lunch)

Reactions: pianopuffer
Status
Not open for further replies.