PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I'm here in my present apartment in NYC, sitting on the floor, smoking Early Morning Pipe out of my Lorenzetti. I'm surrounded my boxes and have come to the realization that this small one bedroom apartment is no longer my space. My wife and I have bought a house and are moving to the suburbs of New Jersey. We're gonna be moving closer to family which is so exciting. Funny how what I will miss most about living in NYC are the moments of solitude with my early morning pipe by the window with the fan beside me blowing the smoke out of the apartment. I can't wait to smoke in my new backyard/patio but i will miss being able to smoke indoors. Perhaps the garage will be my new space??? Brrrrrr. That's gonna be freezing in the winter.

For three hundred bucks you can set up a 900cfm inline vent fan in the attic to ventilate the house of all smoke. Add a rheostat on the wall, and you can smoke anytime you want inside. This what I have done. And, you can stand next to me while I smoke and you can't smell it at all. You can't even hear the thing on. It's quieter than the AC.
Yeh, I am living out of boxes at the moment also. I hate moving.
And, funny, when I think of NYC, the idea of moments of solitude do not come to mind, ha ha.
Congrats on the new house. Seriously, think about an inline ventilation fan. Easy to install, and the cigar shops in the mall use them here, and even though they are full of guys smoking stogies, you cannot even smell it inside the shop.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
That's an idea. But the family wants to keep the house a no smoking zone, I'm gonna have to respect that. I'm gonna have a lot of visitors that would not appreciate the smell.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
True that! In the meantime, the fall should be a nice time to smoke outside. I can't wait to have all that space!;)

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Congrats on the new home! There's something to be said for outdoor space, and we love having it too. You're going to love it I'll bet, but I hope you can find someplace inside for the winter, cause that's the one time holding a warm pipe seems the best. Best wishes for you and your family... :puffy:

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
Im not sure about living out of boxes, but im currently in a box. Im currently residing in the back storage room of a friend. The room is 5.5ft x 20ft. Most everything is still boxed up. I hope to soon transition into a much larger and spacious 8ft x 24ft tiny home trailer. At least, thats my goal.
Congrats on the move. Im certain that the garage will be great. You might even be able to get a small storage shed cheap, insulate it, carpet the floor and put in a small wood burning stove. You own private oasis.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Moving tends to suck! We just moved to a bigger house and better school district a little over a year ago. When it's a move that improves your situation, it generally doesn't hurt as much and is usually better in the long run.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Good luck with the move. Some outside space is essential for my peace of mind so I hope you enjoy yours. However, moving is never a lot of fun. Before my daughter was 3 she have moved 7 times including once international and one cross country move. We have been at our current house for 8 years now. I never plan on moving again.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Congrats to you on your new place and I hope the move goes well Moving can be a real PITA even when it goes well. :puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
For three hundred bucks you can set up a 900cfm inline vent fan
Had to check these out, and I have to say, this may be an ultimate solution... blast the smoke out of the place before it can leave its mark. Especially for a small space. I'm going to see if I can get one for the bathroom too.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for well-wishes everyone! We are so excited for the move. Still thinking about that fan. Otherwise it will be a long winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.